Using Titanium Backup update.zip to restore apps + data

Hi.

I’ve been using Titanium Backup Pro to create backups of my installed applications.
It creates a lot of files, which I’ve successfully restored via the titanium backup app after changing to a different ROM including ‘wipe data’ set in the process.

I see there’s an option in Titanium Backup Pro to create an update.zip file with the backups - how can I restore using this file if there’s no custom recovery mode available on the Pro 5? Will clicking it in the file browser be a safe way or even work?

This might help me skip the ‘install gapps + titanium backup etc.’ on a new ROM… but maybe it should be avoided.

last edited by crazybill

@crazybill, how were you able to use Titanium? I installed it, manage to backup some apps, but couldn’t restore any of them : it just gets stuck at the first app, nothing happens. Were you able to restore with it? Thanks!

Try to use helium app for backup, I use it for my backups and it worked great, it just need superSU as the root permission tool.

@jyroman Titanium uses supersu also, but as far as I know, supersu doesn’t work on this device, maybe I’m wrong.

Meizu Pro 5

supersu works fine (at least better than the defaut root) as far as you change the settings to auto allow
I’m using titanium without troubles since then

last edited by Kikounet95

@Kikounet95 said:

supersu works fine (at least better than the defaut root) as far as you change the settings to auto allow
I’m using titanium without troubles since then

Thanks for your answer. I’m quite new to the Meizu world, but until now, I used to flash the zip containing superSU on other phones. That’s why I thought it doesn’t work for the Pro5.

Meizu Pro 5

@albireox install it from playstore (or using the apk directly) and you’ll be ok.

last edited by Kikounet95

@Kikounet95 said:

@albireox install it from playstore (or using the apk directly) and you’ll be ok.

It worked :). Thanks a lot, didn’t remember there is an easy method like that.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.