Am I the only one...

Who has problems with the task manager?

Seriously, I can mark the application as important in the battery manager or lock it in the task switcher, my Pro5 continues to kill the applications after three minutes offscreen…

A lot of people complains about notifications problem, like Hangouts, but in fact the central problem is the task manager and how the application management has been implemented. I had the problem with the stable release of 4.5 and 5.5 but I also have this problem now either the latest beta release…

Has somebody also remarked that?

Has somebody found an application which is not killed automatically after three minutes?

@A1rwav3 Did you try Security, Power, App management 0_1451513837897_S51230-221459.jpg

Of course I did… I have 23 apps marked as exceptions but it doesn’t matter… I’ve also tried to lock the applications directly in the task manager… Fail!

For instance, when I’m listening to Di.fm, no matter what I do, the screen turns black and 3 minute after that, the application is killed and the music stops…

Same for Hangouts, no matter what I try, the application is killed and the notifications are not popping anymore…

I’m now running the latest OTA beta (5.5.12.29b), and the problem still exists…

@A1rwav3 Did you add Google Play Services and Google Services Framework to the list? Also have you added any apps to the memory acceleration whitelist in the “accelerator” tab?

Google Play services is in the list, but I can’t find Google Services Framework to add it…

By the way I was not aware of the Memory acceleration whitelist… What’s that? Should the application be present is this list or not to stay alive?

Thanks by the way, I’ve added the Play services, the Services framework and Hangouts in this new list to see if that’s working…

@A1rwav3 I found was missing way too many alarms before putting the apps in that whitelist. If I were you I’d definitely add the Google Services Framework and Google Play Services to that list if you’re having problems with Google apps.

Also add your apps to the autostart list too…

last edited by ShadowOfDeth

This is bug, I’ve reported it to Flyme OS team, but Chinese don’t treat me serious, because I don’t write in their language :(
They wrote “we will check” and " please write chinese" :P

Seems to be working, guys… I’m gonna check for the next few days…

I have tried to register for Flyme beta tester team but I did not get any answer…

These guys seem to be working hard, as the changelogs are quite long, but if they are not fixing the critical bugs… That will be a problem, soon or later…

@A1rwav3 answers for beta testers will be after 15th January.

It isn’t working unfortunately (I use the latest beta).

Contributor

@Tymcio This fix doesn’t work for you?

You could ask @whitebox, he is collecting information and posts it in Chinese. He may handle a bug report for the Chinese Firmware.

Talk to him in Telegram.

I’ve reported it long time ago (about 2 months ago) ;)

Meizu Pro 5

did you change any parameters in “advanced programmer/developer settings” such as “kill any app in behind/background…”?

last edited by smarq

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.