Upgrading a TCCM phone to Flyme5
Meizu MX5

TCCM Phones - Flyme 5 upgrade
Credits @Pikuła-Piotr

!!! By doing this , you may lose your warranty !!!

• 1 Download the required files and copy it to your phone (in root folder) :
    ** SHID Pay attention! You need to extract the .sh file and copy it to your phone
    ** SUPER SU
    ** Terminal emulator
  • 2 You need to grant ROOT permisions Settings -> Accounts -> My flyme -> “your account” -> System privileges (OPEN)
  • 3 Install SUPER SU then reboot.
  • 4 Install Terminal Emulator and grant SuperSU permissions
  • 5 Open Terminal Emulator and type the following :
    su (the SuperSU will request access , grant it)
    sh /sdcard/chid.sh
  • 6 The phone will now restart with it’s ID changed . Now you can download ANY flyme 5 A versions and start Upgrading :)
    Best regards !
last edited by phluid01

Is it working? And can I back to TCCM version then?

@Henio1195
Working.
About back to tccm and dont have any idea and Remember i can lost yor warranty.
You do This at your risk.
And This not my method im only See This on YouTube and past link to the forum.
Best regards

last edited by Guest
Contributor

you are making a copy of the file, before you manipulate it.

So in theory: you can just copy the backup over your “edited” version. That should make your phone into a TCCM phone.

All it needs is a

# mv /sdcard/proinfo.img /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
that should revert it. or using the dd-command.

dd if=/sdcard/proinfo.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3

But didn’t try it, so only do it if you know a bit about Linux and the Shell!

And it’s very unlikely that TCCM will ever find it out, unless they are looking for exactly this manipulation.

Disclaimer: Don’t try this out, yet! And if you do, it’s all on your own risk! You are the one making the changes, and so YOU are the one to blame.

last edited by Ultrametric

@Ultrametric :( i dont know about linux and shell. Also I do not know how to backup this file

Meizu MX5

Regarding to warranty . I dont think that anyone bought the phone directly from TCCM . So , if you’re returning the device to warranty , nothing will be wrong with it ! The terminal isnt rooted anymore , so basicly it’s a stock Meizu MX5 with Flyme 5.x.x.x A version . If there’s a software problem , flashing a new firmware will fix it probably , crashing your screen will lose your warranty , so nothing can go wrong :) If something happens to your speaker for example , i dont think that your authorized service will check if it’s a TCCM phone or not anyore , they’ll just check the hardware problem and replace the speaker if it’s broken . That’s my opinion , dont follow it :)

@Ultrametric The ID changing procedure , already creates that proinfo.img , which was missing before . This means anything ?

last edited by phluid01
Contributor

@phluid01 that’s the backup, file. created by the script.

All the script chid.sh does is:

#!/system/bin/sh
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 of=/sdcard/proinfo.img
echo -e '\x35' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 bs=1 seek=13107717 count=1
reboot

It consists of 4 lines.

1. tells the system in what shell the following commands have to be executed
  2. makes a copy of /dev/… to /sdcard/…
  3. applies the id changes to /dev/…
  4. reboots the device

The chid.sh shell-script, makes a backup of it called proinfo.img and stores it in the folder /sdcard/
And the few lines I put in here would revert his changes, though it should be tested first.

It’s just a few lines in the shell, and does no harm, yet it should be tested before inexperienced members try it out.

Disclaimer: Don’t try this out, yet! And if you do, it’s all on your own risk! You are the one making the changes, and so YOU are the one to blame.

last edited by Ultrametric

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.