It was an awesome surprise for me when i found out when i got my MX4 Pro device 9 months ago that Stock Music Player that (Flyme have) have an option to listen music and even download it for free! But a few months ago I noticed that people told - thats it. We can no longer use it anymore. A few days ago I tried to download a few songs myself on my Flyme 5 Beta and yeah you can’t do it… you’d get an
Loading Failed pop up error and you’ll see a
Server Timed Out message. All Downloads/Listening was blocked for some countries.
The block is based upon GeoIP.
Anyway, let’s fix it!
This guide is for people who have no idea how to set up a VPN.
- Go to Google Play and Search for -> OpenVPN Connect then download and install it on your device.
- Now open in your PC OR Mobile browser website -> http://www.vpngate.net and scroll a bit down so you will see a list of available servers. You will need to find Horizontal Line -> Korea (in this example) and column -> OpenVPN and click on OpenVPN Config File.
- There you’ll find 1-2 config files to download (i choose TCP one(2nd one)) and (if you downloaded via PC) move it to your mobile device (e.g. create a folder named VPN, so you do not accidenitely delete it).
- Open you OpenVPN Connect app on your device and click on right top corner Dots (menu) and choose -> Import Profile from SD card -> locate that downloaded file and confirm that you want to load it.
- Click Connect and wait a few seconds when you see Connected status + you’'ll see a new icon (VPN icon) in notification bar. Also you will see that packets begin to move (and that mean that OpenVPN is alive and working).
Now you can open your Music Player and listen or download music again.
- Be sure to give OpenVPN permission to stay open.
- So far South Korea is the only VPN working (needs confirmation).