Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ Reload ]

[HOW-TO] Stream & Download songs from the Music App
Contributor

It was an awesome surprise for me when i found out when i got my MX4 Pro device 9 months ago that Stock Music Player that (Flyme have) have an option to listen music and even download it for free! But a few months ago I noticed that people told - thats it. We can no longer use it anymore. A few days ago I tried to download a few songs myself on my Flyme 5 Beta and yeah you can’t do it… you’d get an Loading Failed pop up error and you’ll see a Server Timed Out message. All Downloads/Listening was blocked for some countries.

The block is based upon GeoIP.

Anyway, let’s fix it!
This guide is for people who have no idea how to set up a VPN.

1. Go to Google Play and Search for -> OpenVPN Connect then download and install it on your device.

1. Now open in your PC OR Mobile browser website -> http://www.vpngate.net and scroll a bit down so you will see a list of available servers. You will need to find Horizontal Line -> Korea (in this example) and column -> OpenVPN and click on OpenVPN Config File.

1. There you’ll find 1-2 config files to download (i choose TCP one(2nd one)) and (if you downloaded via PC) move it to your mobile device (e.g. create a folder named VPN, so you do not accidenitely delete it).

1. Open you OpenVPN Connect app on your device and click on right top corner Dots (menu) and choose -> Import Profile from SD card -> locate that downloaded file and confirm that you want to load it.

1. Click Connect and wait a few seconds when you see Connected status + you’'ll see a new icon (VPN icon) in notification bar. Also you will see that packets begin to move (and that mean that OpenVPN is alive and working).

Now you can open your Music Player and listen or download music again.

NOTE:

• Be sure to give OpenVPN permission to stay open.
  • So far South Korea is the only VPN working (needs confirmation).
last edited by Rey

Thank you Latstyle, I done it, and the music app working fully on my MX4!!!

Contributor

@Eduard glad it was helpful, and thanks to @Rey to push me in a right direction so i was able to make this guide.

Thanks to Rey also!!!
What’s happen with Dirac HD audio? I can’t find it in music version 5.0.7?

Contributor

@Eduard said:

Thanks to Rey also!!!
What’s happen with Dirac HD audio? I can’t find it in music version 5.0.7?

Dirac HD was a 3rd party audio codec. and contract between Dirac and Meizu is expired.

We really appreciate your feedback but sorry that Dirac HD is a partnership program with a third-party vendors and the program has expired. And we don’t have confirmed information about this cooperation now.

Bad news, but thank you Latstyle!

@Latstyle said:

• Be sure to give OpenVPN permission to stay open.

Can you please name the path. And what to check or uncheck.

Contributor

@ano20xx
on Flyme 5 (MX4 Pro) its in Security Center -> Power -> App Management

Contributor

<3 thanks for sharing @Latstyle

@Latstyle Ok, thank you, It works for me! Awesome! But I like the preinstalled version better on my Meizu M2 Mini (4.5.4.2 A), cause there you can download without any troubles. The new version is kinda shitty, The navigation changed a little and I don’t like it. :D

Hi, tnx for the guide. I tried to connect to korea, but it does not work. I’m able to connect only to Japan. Any suggestion?
When i try to connect i recieve no packets.

Bye!

Contributor

@Alessandro-Pezzè said:

Hi, tnx for the guide. I tried to connect to korea, but it does not work. I’m able to connect only to Japan. Any suggestion?
When i try to connect i recieve no packets.

Bye!

just now checked. Korea still working good. but i had to update (download) new Configuration Files. those are working for me right now
http://www.vpngate.net/en/do_openvpn.aspx?fqdn=vpn841093210.opengw.net&ip=175.192.86.117&tcp=995&udp=1195&sid=1454874109887&hid=3363300

last edited by Latstyle

You can use EasyOvpn app to get servers too. It has Hong Kong and Korea servers for open vpn and you can import it’s info to openvpn easily

@Rey Does app store also has restriction?
I tried to download/update app with my IP in Iran or US IP with hotspot shield but, download speed was like 1kb per second or less and disconnect frequently but, after using HK IP it was much better with up to 100kb per second but, in my country because of internet restriction we have openvpn does not work well and disconnects frequently. Is there any way to solve it?

Looks like your connection to [HOW-TO] Stream & Download songs from the Music App was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.