Thoughts about mx4 pro

Hello, I am thinking of buying meizu mx4 pro, but before I want you to ask you some questions.
First of all all the reviews i read , they have an old flyme version so they arent verry objective.
So I wanna ask you:
Battery? How long ?
Camera? With the new update , can i take very good pics?
Has any lags etc?
Is it stable?
One other alternative is one plus one , but i think meizu is much more better.Thank you.

Contributor

@nikosz Hey :) Meizu stopped to produce the MX4 Pro, months back.

Are you sure that you want this phone, Meizu canceled it? The phone will be supported, for at least some while, yet you may want to look for new and fresh phones, that are more up to date. And still produced, by Meizu.

Contributor

@Ultrametric said:

@nikosz Hey :) Meizu stopped to produce the MX4 Pro, months back.

Are you sure that you want this phone, Meizu canceled it? The phone will be supported, for at least some while, yet you may want to look for new and fresh phones, that are more up to date. And still produced, by Meizu.

btw fresh (well almost fresh) mail
:::
0_1450990284243_asd.png
:::

Contributor

@Latstyle yeah that’s pretty new, the 12th isn’t so long ago.

But that they sell phones doesn’t mean phones are produced :P could be that there are some left overs (because the phone sold, not as good as expected; What could be the reason behind canceling em.)
I don’t think that you are wrong, but neither do I think you are right.

the devil is in the detail :imp:

last edited by Ultrametric

@nikosz
Regarding the camera i can say that previous kitkat versions of software (4.3.3.1) had better camera (low light) compared to every firmware released since then including the newest flyme 5 firmwares.

last edited by Dysync

I actualy think of buy it because I have found it in a low price. ANother choice is MX5 but i have read that mx4 pro is better and I am confused.(problems with sound, screen has reflection )

Contributor

@nikosz This is my personal opinion, please be aware of it.

I had the MX4 Pro, for not too long, but long enough to test it out. Before switching it for a Xiaomi Mi4i, and then getting the MX5.
The monster dpi screen of the MX4 Pro is only better if you place the MX5 right next do it.

Unless you don’t have both phones right next to each other, you will never notice a difference. So you gain literally nothing for trading in performance and battery life, just to have a high pixel density on the MX4 Pro.

The Audio chip of the MX4 Pro is better, yes. But of this you can only take advantage when you use premium headphones. The build in phone speakers are useless.

So it comes down to what you do with the phone.

If you have expensive ( and good) headphones, not the cheap in ear crap, and use those very often. Then consider the MX4 pro as the better choice for you. In most other cases the MX5, is just as good or better.

Edit: Uh and I think that only the stock music app can use the chip out of the box. While other apps after rooting and modding some files can take care of the Audio Chip in the MX4 Pro… so stuff like Spotify should not take use of the better audio chip. But I am not 100% here, so please be critical, and all other out there please correct me, if you know better.

With simple earphones , i can hear ok? like any other phone? And about everything else , you think that mx5 is better? about battery and the camera?

Contributor

@nikosz You will hear just normal, with normal earplugs.

I can not tell you the battery times in detail.

And the camera is pretty much the same.

Meizu MX4 Pro

I have my mx4pro now a month and am completely satisfied with it.
The camera is very good and the battery life is absolutely fine 60 % enough for me throughout the day .
I had before a Xiaomi Mi Note and the sound of the Meizu is even better.
It’s a great device for the money and now with Flyme5 I Love it :heart_eyes:

Contributor

@AndiRoid77 said:

I have my mx4pro now a month and am completely satisfied with it.
The camera is very good and the battery life is absolutely fine 60 % enough for me throughout the day .
I had before a Xiaomi Mi Note and the sound of the Meizu is even better.
It’s a great device for the money and now with Flyme5 I Love it :heart_eyes:

same here. never had any lags and not a single crash… all smooth and all what i want is working.

for the price MX4 Pro sells right now you cant get a better phone ill almost sure… as for new MX5 and Pro 5… i would not want to spend money on them cause i see them incomplete phones… they are not much more better than MX4 Pro… but price difference is not small… Next year devices will worth money to buy (im talking about Meizu models and Meizu price ranges) that’s because next year Google promised full support of USB 3.0/3.1. next year i bet most of the phones will have OIS… if Meizu wont implement it… i dont know… it simply will be a shame… i did expect to see it in Pro 5… and many other tweaks that supported already by other devices.

Contributor

@Latstyle The 16GB of the MX4 Pro or MX5 is not enough! So only the 32GB is worth it.

Why aren’t 16GB enough: 5,5 inch phone intended for media use, playing games, 20MB camera makes big pictures… so the ~10GB you get from a newly bought phone are never ever enough!

I don’t think it’s worth to spend 70€ more on the MX4 Pro. So just get the much cheaper MX5.

And to check the prices:
MX4 Pro 32GB costs 344€
MX5 32GB costs 272€

Link: http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphone-prices?search=meizu mx
0_1451050124636_mx4_pro_vs_Mx5.png

If you dont mind Aliexpress the 32GB MX4 Pro can be had for ~243EUR

If you want i saw that there’s the site Meizusale that sell it for about 190 $, but i don’t know if it’s safe :smiley:

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.