Bricked MX4 during upgrade
Meizu MX4

warning!! Flyme 5 - 5.5.12.22 Emmaus - update brick your phone!!! Meizu mx4 brick !!
the last upgrade brick your phone! Pay attention!!!

https://emmaus.pro/?dir=MX4_custom_roms/Flyme

last edited by Naphtha
Admin

@Naphtha how?

No users have reported such a behaviour yet:
https://meizufans.eu/forum/topic/3791/flyme-os-5-5-12-22-test-firmware-mx4/2

Therefore I do not understand this . Is it because of your custom recovery or what?

P.S.: Topic renamed and moved to Q&A.

last edited by Rey

@Rey This is due to using modified upgrade zip that included twrp. The problem was with the modifications made and not the flyme firmware.
The user didn’t include this Information for some reason.
So if you’re installing modified zips just know that there is always risks, there was no problem with .22 release from meizu so if you’re installing the official one there is nothing to worry about.

last edited by Dysync
Meizu MX4

@Rey -Joan Mena • 8 hours ago
Brick with 5.5.12.22. Install, wipe cache/dalvik and no reboot - Ivan Giorgi Joan Mena • 7 hours ago
Same to me, phone’s dead. How to Restore?
-aiden Mod Ivan Giorgi • 3 hours ago
i tested it before upload here. it just have very long install time. and there is nothing to make hard brick. try to hold volyme up + power buttons and hold it until meizu logo will appear on screen. i moved this build and i checked again. there is nothing to do full brick phone.

• zzhh5511 aiden • in an hour
    Replaced the motherboard, the warranty period.
    -Ivan Giorgi aiden • 2 hours ago
    You haven’t uderstood. We are not talking of long install time or something software related. Right after installing your file and attempting to reboot, the phone dies. No chance to power on it again. No keys combination working. Nothing. The phone just dies. Now, three of us experienced this hard brick with your file: that file is the responsible and you did something extremely wrong.

@furious-builder

Meizu MX4

Please port this thread on modding. People search on it this kind of modify.

Admin

@Naphtha but it is not related to the actual firmware. It is like @Dysync said - caused by modifications.

Therefore I would verify the md5 sum of your file, you’ve got on the server.

last edited by Rey
Meizu MX4

@Rey Man i have an Ubuntu version, i’m able to flash what i want. 7 people have bricked the phone with this upgrade and @furious-builder have bricked him phone with another upgrade.

last edited by Naphtha
Meizu MX4

@Naphtha Send me a link to the modified file, I’ll look into it. Don’t want firmwares that can brick devices floating around on the internet

last edited by meh301
Meizu MX4

@Rey it seems it was removed the 5.5.12.22

Contributor

Hmm. An update.zip from an untrusted source, installed on a modified Mx4, may cause your phone to be a brick. And so you want to do what?

I don’t get it :(

Contributor

is say such topics must be deleted for sure. because @Naphtha NOT told that he/she talking about some custom modified version of 5.5.12.22.

people can be confused and think this topic about Official 5.5.12.22 update and that official firmware can get your phone bricked (but that is not true).

Meizu MX4

@Latstyle My post was in modding but…an administrator move this on Q/A :expressionless:

Contributor

@Naphtha it doesn’t meter where your post was made… you not told what firmware you was using… you did not told full name of firmware you used. and you did not told source of that firmware.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.