How to uninstall "security" app ?

Until now i established that the “Security” app is responsable for the instant battery discharge from 20% to 1% in 1 minute, and also for closing Endomondo (sport activity tracking app)
I don’t need such a pain in the a** app, so i want to uninstal it.
Do i have to root my phone for that ?
Do you have any solution?
Thanks

if the device is root, maybe with apk like titanium or root uninstaller …

@paiktaras It’s safer to freeze (and you can always unfreeze if needed), root the phone and use Quarantine (or Titanium)

What’s the name of security app?

@Crasch The app is called “Security” and it the icon looks like a green shield. I froze the app using Uninstaller after rooting my phone and have had less trouble with missed notifications since then. Also my weather widget’s clock is refreshing normally now, which was not the case while Security app was on.

@Horomaniac You do know that you can select and deselect apps you want to autorun and or stop altogether when the screen is off for a few minutes or more, right? You can even add apps to a list that you don’t want wiped when you clear RAM.

I had issues at 1st and now all my alarms and notifications run perfectly fine.

@ShadowOfDeth and how do you do that? because I’ve tried setting things up in the Security app but it’s goddamn useless and buggy…

@matija.vugi it’s easy, man. Open the app, choose the permission tab, touch autorun management and choose the apps you wish.

Now go back to the app main screen and choose the power tab, touch app management and again choose the apps you don’t want killing after the screen is off.

So you don’t kill apps you wish to keep in RAM go to the main page again and touch the accelerator tab and hit the settings icon in the top right. There you should see an option for “memory acceleration whitelist”. Now just tap that and then the add to whitelist option.

:)

@ShadowOfDeth said:

@matija.vugi it’s easy, man. Open the app, choose the permission tab, touch autorun management and choose the apps you wish.

Now go back to the app main screen and choose the power tab, touch app management and again choose the apps you don’t want killing after the screen is off.

So you don’t kill apps you wish to keep in RAM go to the main page again and touch the accelerator tab and hit the settings icon in the top right. There you should see an option for “memory acceleration whitelist”. Now just tap that and then the add to whitelist option.

:)
but actually i have issues with that, for example when i go to power->apps i tap skype… and tap clock (google clock)… and then hangout for example, when i go back i get only hangouts select cause it removed the others… so it seens it doesnt work that well

@Francisco-Guerra It works perfectly. You’re probably missing something.

@ShadowOfDeth I’m having exactly the same issue as francisco…

I don’t know what to tell you guys… Works perfectly for me. I have literally all my apps with full autorun permissions and have set non to autokill after a few minutes.

Only thing I can suggest is that you go through ALL of your installed apps, even Google services and framework, and allow all to autorun and make sure nothing is set set to autokill after the screen is off.

last edited by ShadowOfDeth

@ShadowOfDeth Thanks for the tip! I did not quite realize that was how it worked to be honest. I might try to reinstate the Security application at some point in the future. :)

Edit 30/12: Tried reinstating Security app and going through all the steps to ensure receiving notifications (adding to whitelist; setting apps to permanent standby in Power mode; setting apps to auto launch in Permissions and checking notification box for all apps) AND IT DID NOT DO ANY GOOD! :( I think I will live it at that for now… Not so important to me at the end of the day!

last edited by Horomaniac

everything on auto start… still it bugs out, maybe you using some different security version? the bug is a bit more then selecting one app witch unselected others… it gets messy for example, i have a app called gmail witch after i select … dropbox… gmail changes the name for example to Skype… and so on.
My version is 2.2.0825 , also do you frozen any app from them? just to try figure out what could this be

last edited by Francisco Guerra

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.