Overheating while in use

My Meizu Mx2 always overheats when I’m using it, it gets so hot at the upper part of the phone it’s almost too hot to touch…
Has anyone the same problem?
What could I do?

And before anyone asks: It’s not only getting that hot when I play games, just browsing is enough.

I have an HK phone with CN firmware, is that the problem maybe? Do I need to change some network settings?

I would really appreciate some help…
Balisto

Please try to reinstall you firmware with Clear data. It’s true that the MX2 can get quite hot, but this should only be during heavy gaming or equivalent.

I tried, it didn’t work unfortunately… :(

Administrator

Well, you tried a HK firmware too?

And could you give me a list of websites which cause the issue (do this over PM if you want).

Maybe they run a background script.

It doesn’t matter which Website I’m on… No I didn’t try HK firmware. I already asked how I can switch back to HK, unfortunately I didn’t get an answer… It says in the recovery I need a .bin file, but HK files are .zip files aren’t they? Does it work anyway if I just put the zip file on SD and, clean data and update?

Thanks for your help!!!
Balisto

Administrator

Ok try this.

1.Delete the update.bin from the SD Card.

2.Download the latest HK firmware for the MX2 and move it to the root of the SD.

3.Now install it as always, but with clearing the data!

i tried to install hk firmware again, but it says “firmware not found”. It seems like it doesn’t recognize zip files anymore… what do i do now? :/

Administrator

This does means you copied it into the wrong direction.

Contributor

@‘balisto’ said:

i tried to install hk firmware again, but it says “firmware not found”. It seems like it doesn’t recognize zip files anymore… what do i do now? :/

Atleast on MX3 you have to first boot into recovery - > then connect usb - > then copy update.zip to the recovery partition.

Not sure if it is the same for MX2 aswell…
And it has to be named ‘update.zip’… Anyother file name will mot work.

Is it possible to underclock the processor?

Contributor

@‘cuttysark76’ said:

Is it possible to underclock the processor?

Should be possible to some extent. Root and use something like setcpu… But you will be limited to what the kernel allows you to…

In firmwares prior to Flyme 3.x.x you could choose the performance mode from the settings.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.