Last few questions...

Hello,

finally I ordered my Meizu M2 mini from Geekvida.de for 129,99 €.
Meizu M2 Mini.

But I have a few questions left, so I am not in trouble when the phone actually arrives…

That would be my step-to-step list when I receive the phone.

1. Download and install the latest firmware with clearing data option.
Still don’t know which firmware would be good. I favour a stable one with german/english language, and I would like to unsinstall all the unnecessary china apps or freeze them at least. Most important to me is that the firmware is stable. I am a newbie so please tell me! :)

2. Enable root for “3.”.

3. [GUIDE][05/12]Extreme Battery Life Thread(Greenify+Amplify+Power Nap)
The guide says that I will need Xposed Framework installed, but not all devices support it. I tried to find out if the Meizu supports it, but I failed even I followed the guide . Hope someone can help me out here.

4. Security program
I am looking for an security app for browsing (like avast - free antivirus on pc) and for scanning (like Malewarbytes on pc). Are there any good apps for a smartphone as well?

5. What sub model sells geekvida?
Apparently there a 3 different versions. I checked on a site, which I can’t recall now, but all three works for my country and net.

Is there anything else I should know or consider?

Kind regards,

ano20xx

last edited by ano20xx

@ano20xx said:

1. Download and install the latest firmware with clearing data option.
Still don’t know which firmware would be good. I favour a stable one with german/english language, and I would like to unsinstall all the unnecessary china apps or freeze them at least. Most important to me is that the firmware is stable. I am a newbie so please tell me! :)

2. Enable root for “3.”.

Kind regards,

ano20xx

First check which firmware you have on your phone when it arrives.

If you want to install official firmware you can download 4.5.4.1A from this website. This has English language.

After that you can install international firmware if you want: https://meizufans.eu/forum/topic/3641/how-to-install-flyme-os-4-5-4-i-international-on-m2-mini

Root can be enable on the phone: Settings > Accounts > Flyme account > Account name > system priviliges.

Cant quote anymore. Weird.

@Padovsky Thanks for your reply but you didn’t answer my questions at all.^^

I know the steps for rooting and installing new firmware (I read the FAQ).^^

“First check which firmware you have on your phone when it arrives.
If you want to install official firmware you can download 4.5.4.1A from this website. This has English language.”

Yeah, of course I wanna install the offical firmware, who knows what kind of crap geekvida will be installing.
To come back to my orginial question: Which runs stabler, A or I firmware?

“Root can be enable on the phone: Settings > Accounts > Flyme account > Account name > system priviliges.”

I know, like I said I read the FAQ.^^

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.