International Rom

Hi there,

I have followed this guide

https://meizufans.eu/forum/topic/2599/guide-how-to-install-i-international-firmware-on-your-chinese-mainland-meizu

I have got the adb shell and run su which works fine. The part I am stuck on is the image file.

My folder is /dev/block/platform/15570000.ufs/by-name/system however, when I try to run the following command I get file permission denied but SU works, busybox installed and working.

C:\Users\steve\Downloads\5 Pro\ADB Shell_Meizu\ADB>adb shell
shell@PRO5:/ $ su
su
enter main
start command :am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.settings/co
m.meizu.settings.root.RootRequestActivity --ei uid 2000 --ei pid 26641 > /dev/nu
ll
shell@PRO5:/ # dd if=/sdcard/system-i.img of=/dev/block/platform/15570000.ufs/by
-name/system
ard/system-i.img of=/dev/block/platform/15570000.ufs/by-name/system <
dd: /sdcard/system-i.img: Permission denied
1|shell@PRO5:/ #
C:\Users\steve\Downloads\5 Pro\ADB Shell_Meizu\ADB>adb shell

OK, done it through terminal

Meizu Pro 5

How did you succeeded? I had Flyme 5.1 and tried that method via terminal. It copied. Restarted. And never boot up…
Dunno what to do now :(

EDIT:
Reinstalled 4.5.4.3A. Done everything by instruction. Still can’t get International working…
How long does it take to boot up International ROM?

last edited by simsunas

hi all ,just installed Flyme 5.1.2.0G on my mx5 pro international question:anyone can tell me how got the root? cant see any option unfortunately

@maurydes said:

hi all ,just installed Flyme 5.1.2.0G on my mx5 pro international question:anyone can tell me how got the root? cant see any option unfortunately

Fingerprint and security - >root permission

@albireox said:

@maurydes said:

There is no more that option on the G firmware as the Flyme account was removed for the international users.

@simsunas said:

How did you succeeded? I had Flyme 5.1 and tried that method via terminal. It copied. Restarted. And never boot up…
Dunno what to do now :(

EDIT:
Reinstalled 4.5.4.3A. Done everything by instruction. Still can’t get International working…
How long does it take to boot up International ROM?

Did you use the same version of firmware? You can’t mess firmware 4.5 with 5

@maxant69 said:

@albireox said:

@maurydes said:

There is no more that option on the G firmware as the Flyme account was removed for the international users.
yes is true…then no other way?

@maurydes evry time I didthis “upgrade” to the phablet I did it with an terminal on the phablet, and I toked the root before hte “upgrade” and it whase rooted afther that olsow

P.S. sorry for the bad english

@2uk
Sir, I cannot understand what you’re saying

@Asiier said:I rooted the phone before instaling the International OS and the Root wase still there

https://meizufans.eu/forum/topic/2599/guide-how-to-install-i-international-firmware-on-your-chinese-mainland-meizu
sorry for bad EN

last edited by 2uk
Contributor

@2uk

If you do this! You have to update + clear data to a Chinese firmware.
And then reapply

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.