Problem when moving to another country

Hi there

This weekend i traveled to Lisbon (u guys can imagine the reason why:D) and once i got there i was unable to connect to any network (they all use bands that Meizu work with)

My girlfriend, she has a Xperia Z running the same contract i do run, once we got there she received all the text messages from the network, but i got nothing, i couldn´t connect to the portuguese network she was connected, got always a “unable to connect” message.

I checked all the possible options in settings, even activate data roaming, also tryed to add manually the portuguese network, no luck at all.

Can u guys help?, i´m on 3.5.2 CN.

The problem should be on your side. My MX3 has always flawlessly connected to Belgian, French, Luxembourgian, German, UK and of course Dutch networks. The only difference is that I only use international version firmwares, but this shouldn’t be allowed to make a difference, normally.

With CN version mine worked in Austria, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey with no problems.
Btw lucky you watching that game! :P

@‘HondaRacer’ said:

The problem should be on your side. My MX3 has always flawlessly connected to Belgian, French, Luxembourgian, German, UK and of course Dutch networks. The only difference is that I only use international version firmwares, but this shouldn’t be allowed to make a difference, normally.

But what could be this problem? Hardware related?

Wont move abroad for a while but i would like to have this fixed, although there is no way to know it :-))

Enviado desde mi M353 mediante Tapatalk

My bad!

It turns out i deactivated the roaming services on my network site a few weeks ago, that´s why it wasn´t working:blush:

@‘cesarleeds’ said:

Hi there

This weekend i traveled to Lisbon (u guys can imagine the reason why:D) and once i got there i was unable to connect to any network (they all use bands that Meizu work with)

My girlfriend, she has a Xperia Z running the same contract i do run, once we got there she received all the text messages from the network, but i got nothing, i couldn´t connect to the portuguese network she was connected, got always a “unable to connect” message.

I checked all the possible options in settings, even activate data roaming, also tryed to add manually the portuguese network, no luck at all.

Can u guys help?, i´m on 3.5.2 CN.

Hi Everybody,

I haven’t left China yet, but I wanted to make sure my MX3 will work for other carriers outside china, in other words, if this is " factory unlocked" to be able to change the SIM and start using it normally in another country, if not, would I be able to do the IMEI unlock?
Does anyone knows?

I’m asking this because I don’t know if people that already said that they didn’t have “any problem” its talking about using the chinese SIM in another country with “roaming”. I’d really appreciate if someone could make it clear for me.

Thanks

@kdaniela90 only MX3 TD users will have problems, since it doesn’t support 3G outside of China. All other variants will work just fine.

None of all MX3s for sale are sold wit a SIM-lock, which means you can use all SIM-cards no matter what provider. However, the above still applies.

I can confirm the MX3 Unicom Version with Unicom or CN Firmware works flawless in germany.
The M8 and M9 did also work with no problems.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.