YunOS Flyme edition
Meizu MX4

THIS HAS NOT BEEN TESTED AND IS A SIMPLE MODIFICATION OF STOCK UPDATE.ZIP TO MAKE IT CUSTOM RECOVERY COMPATIBLE.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I used the same method to make compatible flymeOS updates for custom recovery flashing. The version is 4.5.7Y
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-PNmOKjIPzdRWxpSGlFZ0luazg/view?usp=sharing

I tried YunOS when my MX4 was alive, this method is working, YunOS is pretty cool and add some new functions to Flyme which are cool !

Meizu Pro 6

@furious.builder What additional cool functions are those?

I thought YunOS was just about integrating Alibaba services deep into the OS so that YunOS wouldn’t bring anything useful to people outside of China.

Meizu MX4

@generationally According to several presentations, yunOS runs faster, and saves up to 30% battery compared to normal flyme.

Meizu MX4 Pro

is yunos Android ?? (can you install playstore apps?)

Meizu MX4

@mx4pro Yes, you can install playstore apps, all you need to do is flash gapps from a custom recovery apparently.

Meizu MX4 Pro

@meh301 and what is acctually yunos then? whats the difference between normal flyme with normal Android?

Meizu MX4

@mx4pro It has advanced alibaba cloud integration (apps run on the cloud) and is supposedly more optimized for the mx4, aka it runs faster (in theory)

@meh301 HI and thanks for the zip.
You said you used the same method to modify flyme official updates: any chance to have the flashable zip of the last flyme 5 leaked for MX4?
I’m asking that because the Emmaus version has a big problem on the system camera: it take pictures at 5 megapixel even if you set the full resolution in settings. I think there are a couple of upgrades since the November 3 Emmaus version, can you help anyway? Thanks in advance.

Meizu MX4

Sure, I’ll make a zip for the newest update, just have to find the link…

Meizu MX4

@Ivan-Giorgi You can flash the ota updates manually, they can be found on the emmaus.pro site

https://emmaus.pro/MX4_custom_roms/Flyme/flyme5_ota/

@meh301 Thanks
Woud be great if someone told us the changelog :)

last edited by Ivan Giorgi

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.