Where can i find Usb Drivers for the M2?

When i connect the phone to a PC with windows Vista i can see the
phone/SD files, but windows also ask for MTP drivers.
In windows Xp i can’t even see the phone/SD files, because windows asks for the drivers.

I know that there is a USB drivers folder in the phone when you select cd-rom usb mode.
I copied the folder to the PC, and tried to install the drivers for the MTP, but i get a
message that windows couldn’t find drivers in this folder.

Where can i find the USB drivers for the M2 for windows?

I have the M2 mini - the international version.

Thank you.

Contributor

@gingel just get adb drivers, it’s a MTK inside.

last edited by Ultrametric

I sent an email to Meizu support and got an answer to install windows media player 11.
I got it to work in a windows Vista PC. I can see the phone files.

But i’m trying to use Helium backup app, and the PC software don’t see the phone.
In helium website they say to install android drivers (adb drivers), but no link to
Meizu drivers.

Where can i find “adb drivers” for MTK that will work with Meizu M2 mini?

Thanks.

@gingel I believe the drivers you found on the phone are unsigned. Enter Windows Safe mode and disable driver verification, then install android_winusb.
Edit: You might also need to manually create adb_usb.ini file inside C:\Users *Username* \ .android. At least I think that’t what I had to do.

last edited by Character

I found out that if i turn off “Usb debugging” then Windows XP recognize the phone/SD files.

But i want to use Helium backup app, and i need to connect the phone to the PC with “USB debugging” on.
When i do that i have 2 unknown devices in Device Manager:
ADB Interface
MTP

When i try to manaully install the ADB interface driver, and i try to select the “android_winusb.inf” file,
windows tell me that “the location doesn’t contain any information about my hardware” .

I did disable driver verification.
How to install ADB driver in windows xp?

In windows Vista, when i manually select “android_winusb.inf” i can choose
"Android Composite ADB Interface" but it will not installed correctly.

How to make it work?

@Character said:

@gingel I believe the drivers you found on the phone are unsigned. Enter Windows Safe mode and disable driver verification, then install android_winusb.
Edit: You might also need to manually create adb_usb.ini file inside C:\Users *Username* \ .android. At least I think that’t what I had to do.

What version of windows do you have?

Thank you.

last edited by gingel

Ok, regarding installing the “ADB drivers” for the Meizu M2 mini, i found a solution.
it’s look like that the “android_usb.inf” file do not contain data for the Meizu M2 mini,
and you need to edit the file and add the data.

Editing the INF files can make problems if not done right, so do it on your own risk.
It worked for me.

Here is a general guide that i found:
http://jodieorourke.com/view.php?id=190&blog=news

You might have to also edit the “wpdmtp.inf” file, and also add the device id data there.
(Had to do this with windows XP).
like here when this guy did it for the Nexus 4:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=35667806#post35667806
BUT YOU NEED to add the Meizu M2 mini device id, and not the Nexus 4 that is in the link.
Also, you can edit the “wpdmtp.inf” file that is in the USB drivers folder, and NOT the
one that is in C:\Windows\inf.
And then use the “wpdmtp.inf” file in the USB drivers folder to install the driver in device manager.

Hope it will help someone in the future.

Unfortunately, even after i finally manage to install the ADB drivers, and MTP drivers,
still can’t make the Helium pc software to find the Meizu m2 mini when it connected
to the PC with usb cable.
tried that with 2 PC’s (one with XP, and other with Vista).

Anyone had luck with Helium on the Meizu phones?

last edited by gingel

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.