WiFi issue | Unable to connect to my home router
Meizu MX4 Pro

I’ve bought a new MX4 Pro last week, it still has the default firmware 4.2.8.2 U as I didn’t dare to upgrade it yet (please shout if it’s worth upgrading to 4.5.7A or to any other version).

Here are some facts:

• I could connect to my wifi at work
  • I could always connect with my old phone (Nexus 4) to my home wifi, but not with the MX4 Pro

My router doesn’t like this phone for some reason (it didn’t like my cousin’s Elephone P8000 either), but I can’t comprehend what’s happening and I’m pretty much clueless what should I try.

My main router is an tl-wr842nd, running Chaos Calmer of Openwrt and I use a very similar router (tl-wr841n) in bridge mode to have beetter signal in my room. If you’re curious they are setup according to this: https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/atheroswds.

In the router logs I can see that the authentication succeeds, the handshake happens followed by an immediate:
deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)
This didn’t lead me anywhere unfortunately so I’m writing in the hope that somebody knows why is this happening.

I’ve read that DHCP is not working properly as the phone is just doing an infinite “Obtaining IP address” loop, trying to connect many times. I’ve tried connecting with static IP. It did show that it connected, but something still wasn’t right… I can give more details if needed.

I really want this to work so any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Tamas

@Tamás-Béla root your phone,get root explorer
go to system/etc/dhcpcd/ and the file dhcpcd-run-hooks should be there.
long tap on it,tap properties and make sure that the “execute” checkboxes are all checked for “user” “group” and “other” ,if not then check them,restart the phone and it should work.
if this doesnt work i recommend flashing a new firmware ( or doing a factory reset)

Meizu MX4 Pro

I’ve tried your suggestion even though I have no idea why would it help. It was missing the x permission for others, but I suppose that’s how it should be by design.

Thanks for the thought, other ideas are also welcome.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.