Charging Problem

Hi Guys,

I am new in here and thank you so much for creating this forum. I am a Meizu M2 note user. I live in the Philippines. My problem is that after the Flyme OS 4.5.4.1I update, my phone is having a hard time charging. i can tell that it is not a charger issue because i’ve tried different chargers. I noticed this right away after the update. Really need your help on this.

Contributor

@jehf0331 Hey and welcome to the forum.

Could you get an app to check how much your phone charges… like the Volts / Amps it get’s in.

An app like Gsam would be good enough or similar.
Please share a screenshot, of the app when you charge the phone.

I sure will, i’ll post it as soon as i got it

i got 2 results and the numbers are so far0_1448377491274_S51124-230053[1].jpg

i cant post my 2nd screenshot with lower reading on the charge. it’s saying i have to wait 120 seconds. it’s past 120 seconds lol.

the other screenshot shows minimum of 570 and maximum of 780. whatever that means

Contributor

@jehf0331 The speed changes the more power you have in your phone.
So you have full speed at low % and little speed at higher %.

2Amps or 2000mAmps, is pretty good, so you have no problem with the phoen charging.

Could be that some app drains the battery while you are charging. What do you do while you are charging.
Did you try to charge the phone in aeroplane mode or when it’s powered-off?

Could be that some app drains the battery while you are charging. What do you do while you are charging.
-i am not doing anything while i am charging, however, if this makes any sense, i was playing games, suchs as summoners war, zenonia s, clash of clans until the battery goes less than 10%. i’ve also thought about apps draining the battery. i’ve read on a different forum that the charge might be low while the apps running consumption is high; but honestly, im not doing anything while im charging. in fact, i clean all background apps before charging. i even run the security cleaner before charging. there is no specific time of condition that the phone wont charge properly. it says charging then when the screen locks after 2 mins, it wont charge, sometimes it does. no pattern at all.

Did you try to charge the phone in aeroplane mode or when it’s powered-off? - no i have not. should i? if yes, that would be a bit of hassle.

Contributor

@jehf0331 The point of trying to charge the phone in aeroplane mode or turned off it just to determine the source of the problem :P

It’s just to get more information on your problem. (there are loads of possible sources for it.)

It’s great that you don’t use the phone while charging :D and don’t play games on it.

last edited by Ultrametric

i understand, can we put this concern in pending until i get to charge my phone in airplane or off mode? i’ll let you know of my findings.
i really appreciate the prompt responses. :D

Contributor

@jehf0331 no problem. When I am online I respond fast… and if not write me a message to remind me, or write to a different mod.

@jehf0331
maybe u just need a new data wire.i had the same problem before.

last edited by tzzz

@tzzz i’ve used different charges and wires, same thing.

I charged my phone last night in airplane mode and it was not acting up. i have not tried charging my phone while it is OFF. will let you know of the result.

Hi Ultrametric, i was able to charge my phone while on OFF and it didnt act up; prior to that i charged it while it was on, but it stopped charging when someone pinged me in FB messenger, when i wiped the messenger out, it charged back.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.