Update to 5.1

Hi, the official 5.1.1.0U update has come to my phone and it starts to download the update and completely downloads it ready to install and then I press upgrade and it starts the download again. It’s downloaded the update about 5 times now and its clear its not taking any space on my storage. Can anyone suggest what I can do to make the update actually work? I restarted my phone and no luck before anyone suggests it

what version are you on? im on 5.5.11.10 and it says its the latest :/
edit: confirmed it’s live on http://flyme.cn/firmwarelist-18.html . you can download from there and apply it as a regualr upgrade i think.

last edited by SeaMoose

I’m on 5.0.0.1U and its just a pushed update. I think I have the Chinese version

Contributor

@Anthony-Wilkinson yes U is Chinese for Unicom China.

It’s written down in the F.A.Q…

Download the public Chinese Firmware “A”. It does all U can do and more.

last edited by Ultrametric

@SeaMoose said:

what version are you on? im on 5.5.11.10 and it says its the latest :/
edit: confirmed it’s live on http://flyme.cn/firmwarelist-18.html . you can download from there and apply it as a regualr upgrade i think.

I’m on 5.5.11.17 and it says it’s the latest.

I guess if you are using a beta version, the upgrade app doesn’t acknowledge stable versions as newer :)
I wonder if 5.1.1.0A is better than what I’m using. The description is very sparse, hard to tell where it sits in between 5.0.0.1A and all the 5.5 beta versions…

Which languages are available on this latest 5.1.1.0A ? Thank you ! :)

@AOKP gathered that from the ‘beta’ part of the name

Admin

@Anthony-Wilkinson I thought you replied on the question “which firmware is the latests”, but nevermind. :smile:

HELP! I tried to do the update of 5.1.1.0A over the top of the 5.5.11.17 beta and now im stuck in the FLyme boot logo. can anyone help me!

Contributor

@Anthony-Wilkinson F.A.Q.

use method 2 and copy the update.zip to the recovery as described in the f.a.q.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.