M2 note touchscreen issue - edges not working

I believe, I am not alone with this problem, I have read one other guy at XDA and in one review the same thing.

Phone does not recognise touch at the right and left edge of the screen, so sliding from edge or writing A/Q/P/L letters on some keyboards is impossible. This is very annoying and together with laggy camera focus makes me sick. I know, that it’s software issue, because when sliding from middle of the screen to the edge, it reads clearly to the very edge.

Can it be fixed somehow with xposed or editing build.prop or something else?

As I read, it’s protection against random tapping, when holding the phone, so Meizu is not going to fix it any time soon.

Contributor

@Maor stuff like this may change from firmware to firmware. It would be cool if you could state yours.

It’s there on all I have been using so far.
4.5.I
4.5.3I
now running 4.5.4I

Same thing here. However you’ll get used to it. It was knocking me sick but I got used to it and its a breeze to use now… actually, I think it’s good, since on the other side random tapping made me feel soooo angry.

last edited by Alabeo

@Maor Have you got any screen protector or tempered glass applied ?

@Alabeo
It is really bad feature. I am not mindless user to get used to it.
I hope that Meizu will listen to me and will add an option to disable this “feature”.

@manik
No screen protector. It is software issue/feature. It’s confirmed by Meizu

Contributor

@Maor don’t double post, you can edit posts by clicking on the 3 dots!

@Maor said:

@Alabeo
It is really bad feature. I am not mindless user to get used to it.
I hope that Meizu will listen to me and will add an option to disable this “feature”.

I’m not a mindless user… I just got used to it… I just dont understand why you had to bring mindless user up…

last edited by Alabeo
Contributor

@Alabeo Don’t worry looks like the guy is a bit unease, or has some trouble.

Let’s just be nice and merry.

I have that same problem. I think the relevant software…

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.