Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript!

• Faulty battery?

Hello, everyone.
    I have a serious problem with my M2 Note, current firmware version 4.5.4.1A: it doesn’t charge.
    I’ll start by saying that plug and cable I use are both original. Here’s what happens: when I plug the phone (and the phone is off) what comes up is a white battery with a flash in it (image #1),
    0_1447779566361_Image#1.JPG
    which usually turns into a red battery with an exclamation point (image #2).
    0_1447779615863_Image#2.JPG
    Sometimes, the sequence is slightly different: white battery first, then the “normal charging mode” with battery level between 0 and 1 % and finally, after 30-60 seconds, red battery with exclamation mark.
    I already tried to delete batterystats.bin.
    I already tried to totally empty the battery and the only result I got is that the phone simply doesn’t turn on at all. If I plug the phone again, I manage to switch it on (which means that the battery gets some power, a bit, at least).
    Once it’s on, the story doesn’t get any better. It stays on for a time between 30 seconds and a couple of minutes and then switches off in a “controlled way”: it doesn’t just die, but this is what happens when it switches off (the charging circle) (Image @3):
    0_1447780113420_Image#3.JPG

This whole story already happened last week, but then the phone worked again for a couple of days and I thought it was ok, but, clearly, its’ not. I have no warranty on this phone and I have no intention to ship it back to China, so I was hoping you could help me out. Thanks!

• Yes battery problem…

• Why do you say that? Have you ever had the same problem? I’m not criticizing, I’m asking to understand if that’s happened to you and you solved the problem by changing the battery or you say it’s the battery just because it’s just the most plausible solution.

• @m2note It’s the most convenient solution for you, so pray it’s just the battery!

It could be your charging circuit, or the mainboard, too. Would you like one of those to be the source?

It shouldn’t be the charger, as the phone decides how much Amps it takes.

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

• @Ultrametric said:

@m2note It’s the most convenient solution for you, so pray it’s just the battery!

It could be your charging circuit, or the mainboard, too. Would you like one of those to be the source?

It shouldn’t be the charger, as the phone decides how much Amps it takes.

Well, I wouldn’t like to be the mainboard or the charging circuit, but it’s not really up to me to decide…
    I wrote here because, maybe, someone already experienced my problem and could feed me a solution! :D
    If I had another phone to take parts from and try them into mine, it would be easy, but I don’t! So, I guess I’ll just try to order a new battery and wait for one month…

• @m2note I never saw this icon so can’t tell you what it exactly means

Xiaomi Mi5 Basic

• @m2note Is the icon of battery faulty. Contact Meizu :P

• Hi all,
    I found this topic with the same my problem.
    can you tell me if the battery replacement solve it?

Thanks

• I would suggest you to try to replace the battery, unless you somehow have a warranty solution already arranged with Meizu (where did you buy it from?)
    It seems like a faulty battery and therefore I also would recommend you to try to fix it. It could be a motherboard/usb plug/charging circuit issue as well (anything’s possible after all), but you can’t fix those (other than the USB) by yourself - that’s also why you should definitely try the battery first.

The battery is connected with just a single simple flex cable (see image below) and possibly some adhesive underneath. You can have access to the battery simply after removing the back cover, more on that here. Replacement batteries cost around 12 USD on AliExpress, try to find a reliable seller with the best feedback.

Good luck!

alt text

• Thank you for your immediate response.
    The problem has occured after changing the display.
    After reassembling the phone, it goes off after a few seconds.
    The battery was 60% and not more reloaded.
    I tried to run it down completely and now will not turn on anymore.
    I checked several times if I had reassembled correctly and everything seems ok.

• Yeah, in your case, it is indeed wise to double-check every connector just in case something is mistaken. You could have accidentally caused some tear damage to the motherboard or other components. I hope you repaired it very carefully, as if that was the case, any (95%) tear damage is unrepairable. Best of luck!

• Any solution to this probelm? What was causing battery error?

• Anyone as solved the problem? After replacing the screen i got the Red battery and It doesnt charge.
    Please help me !!!

• Likely when you replaced the screen, you damaged or have not plugged properly back the battery. Who replaced the screen, normally phone repair shops have a month period for returns because of bad repairs.

ZHENK

Posts 14Views 1915

Looks like your connection to Faulty battery? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.