Camera not as good as Smasung S6

camera quality is really bad, compared to my galaxy s6 quality, rumor, video audio capture is horrible, no stabilization, and front camera after took a picture lefrotate it, im very disappointed with front and back camera and audio capture.

last edited by Ultrametric
Contributor

@Tyrigi The S6 is a 1000$ phone and has one of the best camera on the market, there was a good report made by professional dslr camera reviewers. (Apply is better in low-lights, as always.)

So if you want to compare a 1000$ phone with one of the best camera available in a phone,to a much cheaper 400$ device, do so.
The missing 600$ you could spend on a dslr camera.

With best camera, I mead hardware + software.

Adjusted the topic title.

last edited by Rey

@Ultrametric said:

@Tyrigi The S6 is a 1000$ phone and has one of the best camera on the market, there was a good report made by professional dslr camera reviewers. (Apply is better in low-lights, as always.)

So if you want to compare a 1000$ phone with one of the best camera available in a phone,to a much cheaper 400$ device, do so.
The missing 600$ you could spend on a dslr camera.

With best camera, I mead hardware + software.

Adjusted the topic title.

i paid the meizu 490 (64gb) and the s6 now is 549 … so not a 1000$ smartphone as you say…

last edited by Rey
Contributor

@Tyrigi the S6 was sold originally for 1000$ Google will confirm this.
And the Pro 5 is sold in China for: ¥2.799 (Chinese Yen) ~440$
Link: http://store.meizu.com/product/meizu_pro5.html

The S6 was a high quality and high end phone when it was released. It still is a good bargain now that it’s cheaper.

It doesn’t matter if the prices listed here are 100% accurade, the message is pertty simple.

You get what you pay for.

Edit:
It’s a bit off topic, but fit’s in here. Most people would like to have a “Eierlegende WollmilchSau” or in English: “egg-laying wool-milk-sow” best for free.
Looks like this, is super perfect and does all you want in one:
0_1447771484041_eiererlegendeWollmilchSau.jpg

Meizu Pro 5

Have you got a Meizu Pro 5? So… How can we evaluate so rudely an excellent phone?
Meizu pro 5 uses a Sony photo sensor (IMX230) slightly lower (but not so lower) as used in Sony Xperia Z5 (IMX300).
Another important aspect for the quality of the photos is all lenses used.
"Meizu Pro 5 it’s not an Samsung thankfully - it’s better for less money"
ps: next Meizu Pro 5 mini it will used the same photo sensor from the Samung S6…

last edited by Rey
Contributor

@smarq the software is important too, its not alone the hardware. To use hardware and push it to the limit the software behind it has to be optimized.

A good sensor alone does little. And the day Meizu optimized Flyme did not arrive yet.

Edit: look at the Z5 by default the picture size is set to 8MP, because that’s when the phone makes the best pictures. The coders at Sony optimized the software for this, but not for bigger MP as of now.

However to make what I wrote more clear.
It’s a good camera in all Meizu, but that’s not enough to be the best out there. And Meizu is very well know to fail in the software department.

@Ultrametric said:

@smarq the software is important too, its not alone the hardware. To use hardware and push it to the limit the software behind it has to be optimized.

A good sensor alone does little. And the day Meizu optimized Flyme did not arrive yet.

Edit: look at the Z5 by default the picture size is set to 8MP, because that’s when the phone makes the best pictures. The coders at Sony optimized the software for this, but not for bigger MP as of now.

However to make what I wrote more clear.
It’s a good camera in all Meizu, but that’s not enough to be the best out there. And Meizu is very well know to fail in the software department.

but the meizu beats the s6 in speed operation, ui smootheness, battery etc, front camera is bad as well, i hope that they will do some optimization with the upcoming stable version of the flyme

Meizu Pro 5

@Ultrametric You’re right! :)
My old Xperia Arc S takes excellent pictures of 8mp.
Among the Z1compact and Z3 Compact the reviews were favorable to Z3compact in less good condition for photography - software for sure…
I read somewhere in the summer about what you say - 8mp Sony software codecs

but to laugh a little:

The formal version: "a bad photographer with a good machine will be always a bad photographer …"
or
The funny version: "an idiot with a great photographic machine will always be an idiot"
or
The architect version: "whatever good architecture is always photographed as good architecture, regardless of the camera that is used

:smiley:

ps: by a particular “hardware info” application, I do not remember which, the Meizu Pro 5 photo sensor is calibrated to “only” 96% of total capacity (can’t say if only mine or all Meizu’s Pro 5)

last edited by smarq
Contributor

Samsung puts a lot more effort into the firmware, they started to work on the Firmware for the Samsung S7 already, though it will not be released before February next year (or so). Samsung products are overpriced, just like Apple, but nevertheless pretty good.

You won’t ever see this for a Meizu device!

Contributor

uhm wait for firmware updates… almost every phone… from any manufacturers that released… works so-so on stock firmware…

i don’t know why when you make a video it don’t autofocus objects and you need o id manually everythime you change the focus object

Contributor

@Tyrigi I think we all have this is on our Meizu phones.

@Ultrametric said:

@Tyrigi I think we all have this is on our Meizu phones.

so it’s a software limitation? It will be added?

last edited by Tyrigi
Contributor

@Tyrigi I don’t know! Really don’t know.

@Ultrametric said:

@Tyrigi I don’t know! Really don’t know.

maybe there’s a camera app on the playstore tthat do it

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.