I don't know what to do anymore...

I have flyme 4.5.4l and android 5.1 and I just bought this phone and when i go to make a text message it just closes the app when i send it. if i try to open the message back up it just closes to the home screen again. I have tried everything from updating to clearing my data and restoring it. Nothing works. I had a iphone 4 before and was told to check that the imessage was disabled so i called apple and they disabled it but nothing works. I can make phone calls though. And when i get apps like whatsapp i can text through that but almost all of my contacts don’t have it so i would really like to get the default messenger working. When i try other texting apps it does the same thing, just closes it when i try to send a text.

Contributor

This is weird, where did you buy the phone from?

My guess is that either an update from recovery mode + clearing data, fixes the problem or it’s your hardware (phone or simcard).

Describe what you mean with restoring data please.

last edited by Ultrametric

@joeyb80 Have you changed any setting on Security Center app that have to do with messages?
Do a factory reset but do not restore any data or app except your contacts of course. Then check the default message app to see if it does the same thing. Also tell us your version of telephone and make the upgrade to 4.5.4.1I version that came out recently.

@Ultrametric i bought the phone from amazon here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010N4MK96?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00 what i mean by restoring data is that i just cleared all the data so it’s like a new phone

@manik i don’t think i changed anything on security center but ill check and when i do a factory reset and clear data i get a firmware corrupt error when ever i try to upgrade it

hey
despite you calling apple try this https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
if it doesn’t work then try other sms apps ( google messenger,textra,evolve sms are some good quality apps for SMS)

Contributor

@joeyb80 thought so, you have a Chinese phone!

Only if its shipped and sold by Amazon its the International version.

Install the latest firmware that ends with an A through the recovery, and clear all data! It’s method 2 from the F.A.Q.

You will have to install the play store after updating.

@Ultrametric Holy crap! Thank You sooo much! i was seriously about to try to get a refund and decided to check the forums one last time. Once again Thank you!! Phone is working perfectly now

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.