choosing between m2 Note and Mini - advice needed

Hello,
I need to make a choice between m2 Note and Mini.
In Italy (where I live) m2 Mini is 30 euro cheaper than m2 Note. I’d go for it, but my main concern is about display capabilities, as I got some troubles with my sight lately, display capabilities is critical to me. Would I get significantly reduced display capabilities if I were to opt for m2 Mini? – I’d use mostly the phone to browse web, writing text for web, and a bit of forex trading. I’m currently using a 4" display, so going to the 5" screen of m2 Mini would be already a step forward. However 5.5" would even be better, I know it, but 30 euro prices difference and especially its largest size – shifting to so large size from my current “12,2 x 6,3 x 1 cm” phone size would not be so easy – is making my choice hard.
What’s your advice about that?
Thanks

Contributor

If the difference is only about 30€ go for the M2 Note, it has a better SoC (that’s CPU + GPU + modems…), a better Camera and probably some more little things.
The M2 Note will give you a smoother overall performance.

The biggest question is, if 30€ are in your budget and if you want a 5.5 inch phone.

If 30€ don’t matter to you, and neither does a big 5.5. inch phone, then just get the better M2 note.

If you buy it in Europe, double check that you get the M571H, that’s the only model with support, warranty and the Italian language (out of the box).

@Ultrametric said:

If the difference is only about 30€ go for the M2 Note, it has a better SoC (that’s CPU + GPU + modems…), a better Camera and probably some more little things.
The M2 Note will give you a smoother overall performance.

The biggest question is, if 30€ are in your budget and if you want a 5.5 inch phone.

Honestly, 30 euro difference is not the main factor. Most influencing factors now include:

1. size (I can’t know if I’ll be comfortable when using a notably bigger phone than what I got accustomed to use until now – my current is “12,2 x 6,3 x 1 cm”)
  2. my eyes troubles when dealing with small text (could a 5.5 phone improve dramatically my reading experience when comparing it to a 5? I have no idea about that as I’m still using a 4 inch phone)

@Ultrametric said:

If you buy it in Europe, double check that you get the M571H, that’s the only model with support, warranty and the Italian language (out of the box).

I’m going to buy it from the giant retailer A

Contributor

@marco15

The MX5 and the MX4 Pro were the biggest phones I used, before I had a Iphon4 4s and a 4.7inch Lumia 730, followed by a Xiaomi Mi4ic…
It’s hard to say if it’s too big for you or not, I am tall and have big hands (~1,90 meters), yet it’s not always comfortable to use a small 5.5 inch phone like the MX5 in my hands, it’s comparable to the Meizu m2 note, a bit at least in size. The rounded edges on the back help to make it more comfortable.
So for me, with my big hands, a 5.5 phone is on the border to be usable with one hand.

The Meizu M2 note is just a bit bigger than your last, but also thinner with round edges and a rounded back, so could be that you can use it comfortable.

Uh and the counter part to the Meizu m2 Note is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.

I used a Xiaomi and know that they super tiny to huge fonts, and also optimized the system applications according to it.
So if you want a big font, you could consider the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, instead of the Meizu M2.

That’s how MIUI 7 (on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2) does it:

last edited by Ultrametric

@Ultrametric said:

I’m going to buy it from A****n retailer (M2 Note is 199 euro, M2 Mini is 169 euro), they say they offer 24mo. Italian warranty , International firmware, Italian language and Google Play already installed.

Contributor

@marco15 yeah that looks like the International Version, that ends with “H” and supports Italian.
If I had to choose I would always go for the M2 Note, just because it has the better hardware.

But as I just said, you could consider the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, too.

… Thinking of it, I don’t know if it has Italian as language though :P didn’t check it as I don’t need that language.

@Ultrametric said:

@marco15

The MX5 and the MX4 Pro were the biggest phones I used, before I had a Iphon4 4s and a 4.7inch Lumia 730, followed by a Xiaomi Mi4ic…
It’s hard to say if it’s too big for you or not, I am tall and have big hands (~1,90 meters), yet it’s not always comfortable to use a small 5.5 inch phone like the MX5 in my hands, it’s comparable to the Meizu m2 note, a bit at least in size. The rounded edges on the back help to make it more comfortable.
So for me, with my big hands, a 5.5 phone is on the border to be usable with one hand.

The Meizu M2 note is just a bit bigger than your last, but also thinner with round edges and a rounded back, so could be that you can use it comfortable.

Uh and the counter part to the Meizu m2 Note is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.

I used a Xiaomi and know that they super tiny to huge fonts, and also optimized the system applications according to it.
So if you want a big font, you could consider the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, instead of the Meizu M2.

That’s how MIUI 7 (on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2) does it:

Thanks for your help.
MIUI 7 XL fonts on Xiaomi Redmi Note would suit fine. Sadly, I found A****n is not selling this phone, they are just shipping it on behalf of other vendors. As a consequence of that, I’m afraid some problems with warranty and language could arise.

Contributor

@marco15 yeah, you will have no warranty :) on a Xiaomi outside of China or India, as of now.

I don’t know if you now this page, but that’s the Meizu agent in italy: https://www.meizumart.it/it/12-smartphone
have a look there, too.
Link to the m2 note: https://www.meizumart.it/it/15-meizu-m2-note

@Ultrametric said:

@marco15 yeah, you will have no warranty :) on a Xiaomi outside of China or India, as of now.

I don’t know if you now this page, but that’s the Meizu agent in italy: https://www.meizumart.it/it/12-smartphone
have a look there, too.
Link to the m2 note: https://www.meizumart.it/it/15-meizu-m2-note

Thanks, yes, I’ve already visited this page, but they don’t offer better conditions than Amazon. I have Amazon Prime so I can get it within 1 business day and even the grey one – which is sold out on meizumart.it at this time.
Here is the link http://www.amazon.it/Meizu-Note-Smartphone-13MPX-Bianco/dp/B01082DG6Y/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1447331394&sr=1-2&keywords=meizu+m2+note

You were so kind and helpful in offering an example on how fonts display on Xiaomi Redmi Note, could you post – when you have time – something giving me a rough idea of how fonts dispaly on Meizu M2 Note or Mini, or how they fare when comparing for a 4" Samsung Galaxy S3 mini?

Contributor

@marco15 No, I can’t do that.

You could have a look at some youtube reviews, this is a good one, though you will get the International phone without half naked women on it ;) , ITXTutor is always pretty honest and critical, so makes good reviews.
Meizu M2 note review by ITXTutor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b6tzB3lymc

And here is one by Android Authority, they are more into making money and advertise phones, but not so critical:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scaj0SkjE5g

or just search for an Itialan review on youtube, there should be some.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.