Flyme OS 5.5.11.10 test firmware (MX5)
Admin

Changelog:
System

• Optimization: Optimization screenshots notification process, only the final notification of completion screenshot.
  • Optimization: adjust the calendar, the New button position SMS, e-mail, notes, sketchpad and other applications, unified centered.
  • Fix: Open URL link does not remember the problem default browser choice.
  • Fix: status bar when the phone is restarted wrong color issues.

Lock screen

• Optimization: Music pause after the lock screen and then bright screen, no longer display the music playback controls.

Set up

• New: Added notification and status bar “lock screen can drop down notification bar” switch.

Sweep the

• Added: Support Flyme pages side scan code Login.
  • FIX: Can not open the link identified problems.

Desktop

• Optimization: Multitasking background response rate.
  • FIX: SMS and calls down the guest mode, click on the notification can not enter the question text or call the appropriate interface.
  • Adjustment: split-screen mode whitelist remove voice assistant.

File

• FIX: problem document file locking zone can not view.
  • Optimization: music into the local folder, filter out files do not contain music files folder.
  • Optimization: cloud disk upload or download, the task can only be a single execution.

Status Bar

• FIX: After removing the SIM card status bar icon shows abnormal problems.

Input

• Fix: Problems Keyboard Settings “button vibration” switch is not in effect.

Browser

• Optimization: Adjustment related to animation and visual multi-window.

Mail

• Added: logon, mailbox number of devices bound to reach the upper limit of tips.
  • Fix: Add Account page, enter a password when not “show password” button does not show problems.

Voice assistant

• FIX: Encryption phone or music, the voice assistant can directly call the non-contact or play music issue.
  • Fix: Sleep time, press the Home key to bring up the voice assistant, even now voice assistant has been in a loaded state problem.

Information

• Optimization: Update SMS status bar icon.
  • Fix: information search results display problems.

Audio frequency

• FIX: headphone mode when music plug into the music from the volume becomes smaller issues.

Gallery

• Optimization: Modify the “classification by content” welcome page prompt.

Download:
Flyme 5.5.11.10A

Source:
Flyme 5.5.11.10A

last edited by Rey

Anyone used this build?
And I’m reading all change logs for test builds. And there is nothing about under the hood changes in kernel etc. Are there any? From verison to version?

last edited by fuxmen

@fuxmen i’m using the firmware currently and it’s running fine,no issues.
the only major changes you will see will only be in stable releases,and mostly bugfixes. they usually say performance improvements but eh. it’s super debatable that anything is improving.

@SeaMoose said:

@fuxmen i’m using the firmware currently and it’s running fine,no issues.
the only major changes you will see will only be in stable releases,and mostly bugfixes. they usually say performance improvements but eh. it’s super debatable that anything is improving.
Just installed 5.0.1a couple days ago, need to wipe I suppose? Then will wait time maybe.

Thanks, I like this phone but moved from g2 witch on start can do 3 or 4 days light use. Here I can do max 16h moderate use… And with full HD amoled and that battery is poor as sh… :/ other than that it’s great. But 2500mah battery of s6 is performing just like our 3150…there is lot of space to improving…

last edited by fuxmen

@fuxmen the only battery issue is the software itself…flyme has a lot of useless crap that drain the battery .

@SeaMoose
Is there any safe list to delete for example with titanium Backup?

Contributor

@fuxmen if you root your phone and delete system apps you will not receive “partial” OTA update, I think you still get the full ROM if something comes out, but surely no small updates.

Anyway, remove what you can do by drag and drop but don’t touch the rest!
There is little benefit from messing around with system apps.

@fuxmen just as usual,messing with system apps may break your system.
i uninstalled email app and the sync services and it works fine.

last edited by SeaMoose

@SeaMoose
I have some experience with messing around with phones :) thanks for heads up but how can I remove this stupid Chinese flyme Sync? It’s system app too…

Contributor

@fuxmen this is good news :) I read so much about people rooting the phone, removing stuff, doing stupid things and then being surprised that things don’t go smooth. Funny is that they always try to blame Flyme first, instead of their own actions.

@SeaMoose would you have the time to write a short topic about it, and confirm that ota update still works with those modifications? (the smaller OTA). Pretty please.

last edited by Ultrametric

@Ultrametric what i meant is that the system is sable without any bugs
i’m on the latest version and i don’t really want to flash other firmwares …next week when the new firmware pops up i’ll pm you or create a new thread. :)

last edited by SeaMoose

@Ultrametric said:

@fuxmen this is good news :) I read so much about people rooting the phone, removing stuff, doing stupid things and then being surprised that things don’t go smooth. Funny is that they always try to blame Flyme first, instead of their own actions.

@SeaMoose would you have the time to write a short topic about it, and confirm that ota update still works with those modifications? (the smaller OTA). Pretty please.

I start my android journey like 5 years ago :) rooted and customized galaxy 3, LG p990,samy s3, LG g2 and now I’m on mx5 and I know what to delete and what not :) on the previous devices. And also I’m flashocholics :) now on the mx5with locked bootloader which is imo the stupid thing that any company can do :) ok i don’t want your warranty but leave me alone with my phone :) ok back to topic.
I read that every update removes a root Soo what’s with that sentence about not being able to update small updates after root?

Contributor

@fuxmen No, not every update.

It’s hard to say, as everyone messes around in different ways with their phones. I know that some people didn’t get OTA updates after removing system apps (the question is what and how many…).

Also I read that people were able to upgrade their phones, but those were in topics mostly from full firmware upgrades.

I don’t know it exactly and am not bothered to try it, but my guess is that messing with certain system apps will prevent small OTA updates, like going from a weekly beta to the next weekly beta firmware, it’s only a couple of MB.

If you update the phone it’s un-rooted, yes. But the system changes aren’t reverted. Like if a system app was frozen, it still is frozen, and that might have side-effects.

And yeah! But see it like this, the locked bootloader is the only difference between the over priced International Version, and the cheap Chinese. If they change this, there would be little point in getting a International device. Like the Meizu MX5 was sold for 439€ in the beginning, as international version while Chinese street price was ~280€ talking about the 32GB model, resellers shipped it for ~359€. For that much of a difference, I could repair the phone myself, some re-sellers are willing to ship replacement parts (for free), if something breaks. It’s a big gab in the price, and the only difference on the phone is the boot-loader.

@Ultrametric
Great but I bought I version in my country :) but just after u boxing I installed A version just to have 5.1 instead of buggy 5.0.1. Meizu is on good way because in price of s4 we have device like s6 from Sammy. And I think Meizu in next month’s years will kick Sammy and other but :) of course there always fanboys… I really like LG but I can’t afford LG v10 now…it’s pricy too and can’t reach it in my Country

Contributor

@fuxmen yeah the prices are still good for European standards :).

I don’t think Meizu will ever be a challenger to anyone outside of China. At the moment they try to compete with Xiaomi, in India. Their start isn’t the best one.

Amateurs would do better, just a quick overview:

• temthe mcharge of an MX5 required a 9V 2A charger in order to work (or call it Pump Express Charge), the Meizu MX5 shipps in India with a 5V 2A charger!

• they translated it to India(English) that contains more Chinese letters than the English (US) does, a lot more.

• Indian International and International firmware have the same name and the same version, no serious software developer would do that. I can’t understand how Flyme developer are able to do such a thing.

That’s just a few things, I noticed, there will be more fishy if you dig deeper.

Meizu is an old company, but makes mistakes like a complete beginner. Or maybe they just don’t give a fuck.

They will hardly make it out of China, or will have a hard time being noticed. We people outside of China are pretty spoiled when it comes to Customer support, and honesty of companies. Meizu will have a very hard time to adjust.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.