Blurry text/icons

My M1 Note is having display issues. For some reason, the texts/icons have some kind of blurring/ghosting effect on top of them. I found a YouTube video of a user having the same problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0MCUNhxcV4

Anyone else having this issue?

Admin

@eton_1m what you can indeed try is to upgrade the firmware with clearing data.
If its a hardware failure though, do not expect anything.

Check our F.A.Q. for instructions:
https://meizufans.eu/f-a-q/

Whoa! Thanks for the quick response! You’re a real reliable admin AOKP. :smiley:

Also, thanks for the FAQ link; it helped clarify some of my questions regarding firmware version (U/A/I/C).

What stable firmware version would you recommend? My phone currently has 4.2.0.3U - the same as when I bought it brand new about 6 months ago. I never received OTA updates (I live in the Philippines), and I didn’t really have any reason to upgrade since everything was running smoothly, until now. I plan on upgrading to 4.2.0.5A to get out of the Unicom version (since I’m not in China anyway). I’ve been reading comments in the Firmware section and, although not the latest, it seems this is the most stable.

Admin

@eton_1m said:

Whoa! Thanks for the quick response! You’re a real reliable admin AOKP. :smiley:

Also, thanks for the FAQ link; it helped clarify some of my questions regarding firmware version (U/A/I/C).

What stable firmware version would you recommend? My phone currently has 4.2.0.3U - the same as when I bought it brand new about 6 months ago. I never received OTA updates (I live in the Philippines), and I didn’t really have any reason to upgrade since everything was running smoothly, until now. I plan on upgrading to 4.2.0.5A to get out of the Unicom version (since I’m not in China anyway). I’ve been reading comments in the Firmware section and, although not the latest, it seems this is the most stable.

Well, it depends. Newer A firmwares lack some languages.
However, here the latest stable A firmware:
https://meizufans.eu/forum/topic/3156/flyme-os-4-5-7-stable-m1-note

Thanks for the advice! I just read the feedback section for that version, and there were some pretty scary comments about users who wished they didn’t make the upgrade. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, I think I’ll go with 4.0.2.5A. I’ll make the jump once I finish backing up my files.

Will let everyone know if it fixes the display issue. Wish me luck! :pray:

Done with the firmware upgrade + clear data. Unfortunately, it didn’t fix the display issue. :disappointed:

I have the same problem. I ordered a new screen.

@AOKP just had my unit checked by a phone tech; initial diagnosis (didn’t want my phone disassembled just to confirm) says it’s highly likely that it is a hardware issue (LCD). The worst part is that the price for having it fixed could run up to almost half the price of what I paid for the phone! :anguished:

I’m not sure if this is a widespread issue, or just isolated cases. As far as I know, only a few users are having the same issue. It sucks to think that I’m just one of the unlucky ones who got a defective unit. :disappointed:

@Polis_Polok thank you for posting. Could you please update us if it fixed the issue?

Yes. When I get the new screen I will update if the blurry still exists

I have the same issue here. Let me guess, yours are blue as well? I joined a community of m1 Note users in Facebook and a lot of those who owned the blue model are having LCD/OGS issues, like this one. I as well had mine checked by a phone tech, (Novo7Tech and I also reside in the Philippines) and it is an OGS issue as their findings. Unfortunately, it is out of the 6-month parts warranty since I purchased mine 7 months ago as of the writing, it’ll cost me PHP2000+ (roughly USD45) to have it replaced.

@Polls_Polok From where did you order a new screen, and how much?:smiley:

Contributor

@guds612 ebay, aliexpress or amazon sell it, starting around ~35$

Did it just happen, right after you were out of the warranty? Or was it always there and just got worse over time?
What did they say in detail, how is it possible to be a hardware defect.

I have the same issue with my M1 note. Blue version. It’s really visible in horizontal mode.
With new updates background light became much worse than before, so I believe that maybe caused the problem.

I have the same isue… My M1 Note is also blue color with 32gb rom. Want to ask something. On aliexpress there are bunch of lcd’s but without the metal frame, so Is problem if the screen come without frame and can I place the frame from my original screen to the new one? Thanks

me too, my device is also a blue one with 32GB rom. This issue is more apparent in landscape mode, like @mitar1982 mentioned above

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.