problems with Google Voice Search and using google in browsers
Meizu MX4 Pro

Hi everybody.

Did anyone experienced problems with Google searches ONLY with the mobile connection (in Wi-Fi it’s just fine) with the last firmware?
In every browser I use is impossible to ask google for something, it doesn’t work or it works slooooooooowly.

When I use the voice search I have the same problem. It says that “cannot reach Google at the moment”.

I was thinking to root my phone and change the DNS, switching to Google ones… But I don’t want to lose the warranty…

Any other solution?

Meizu MX4 Pro

you dont lose ur warranty if yo root your phone but i have the same problem like you and im rooted so if you want you can tell me what i should do and ill tell you what happens

last edited by mx4pro
Meizu MX4 Pro

@mx4pro sorry for the delay! Now I will check of the problem persist with the new firmware.
If yes than you can check this app and see if it works: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eddypcz.dnschanger

Meizu MX4 Pro

@trem no problem, I also forgot it, what means acctually ‘change the dns’ ?

Meizu MX4 Pro

@mx4pro change the way your phone connects to the internet. In brief, there are some servers, the dns, that index the web and makes your connectivity go faster and better. Sometimes this helps also to return to some sites that your internet provider won’t show for some reasons. I use OpenDNS for home connectivity for example.

last edited by trem

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.