Automatically deleted Apps, Images & Videos

Hi Meizu Team & Fans,
Recently I had purchased Meizu M2 from Snapdeal.com.
I have noticed below problem in this phone.

In my phone some apps, photos and videos automatically deleted from the phone system. It happen two times till now.

Is there any system settings ?

Can you please guide on this?

It creates lots of problems to me.

Kindly reply on this urgently with solution.

Contributor

@rajeshwarkhose Hello,

What apps have been deleted, and how?
With what app did you make the videos or pictures? Different Apps save pictures/videos at different locations.

Hi Thanks for your reply,
About your 1st question- mostly general play store apps have been deleted. such as snapldeal, paytm, expense manager etc. Morning I used those apps and later in afternoon I checked it I could not see those in my phone even the system folders also not visible in document. And then I have checked the play store it gives me newly “install” option for those deleted apps.

About your 2nd question- I am talking about normal pictures and videos which I have captured from phone camera and I have moved those from phone memory to SD card memory. Even I remember I have created sub folders for those pictures but after 1 or 2 days I am not able to find those pictures and videos in SD card. I lost those all and even I don’t have back up for those.

Can you please review this? You can guide me for technical setting changes for this scenario for this particular Meizu M2 phone.

I haven’t faced such error in other phones.

Please respond.

Thanks,
Rajeshwar

Contributor

@rajeshwarkhose are you sure that the apps are deleted.

Please head to settings and check for all installed apps.

I can’t guide you through as I am on Flyme 5 :P You have to find the settings yourself.

The only thing I can imagine is, that you did a “system clean” from the security center and removed some apps and pictures.

What firmware are you running on? (If it’s the “I”, state whether it’s the real International Version or the new Indian Version, that has the same name)

Thanks. I am sure I some apps are deleted. I do agree that I did used security center for junk clean but I have not commanded for deletion of app and pictures.

Please guide me- how to find firmware in my phone?:confused:

Contributor

@Ultrametric You will find the latest international firmware for your device
here: https://meizufans.eu/forum/topic/3205/flyme-os-4-5-4i-m2-mini

or the latest chinese here: https://meizufans.eu/firmwares/

I guess you have the latest Indian firmware 4.5.3i. If you want to upgrade to the international one, there is no problem. go to the first link, download the update pack for the M2 mini (your phone) and follow the guide in the F.A.Q. (link in my signature).

Btw. firmwares that end with the letter “i” are International one, indented for users outside of China. I don’t know why, but the indian Flyme developer team must be amateurs, that have no experience with coding and software development. As they released a Product that has the same name and same version number as the international version.

So when we talk about firmware "I’ in this forum it’s the real international one.

And don’t do double posts! You can click the 3 dots, do edit your last post!

Oh and the firmware you see in the settings menu “about the phone”.

I suggest to get used to your new phone :P have a look around and read up on it, check out the settings menu.
Don’t use the Security app for the next days, reinstall the apps you are missing and give feedback if the apps / pictures/ videos still disappear.

last edited by Ultrametric

Thanks a lot for this. I will check on this for any further favor I will write you. Thank you once again

Contributor

@rajeshwarkhose no problem. I edited my last post, as it didn’t answer your question first :P

just do this:
I suggest to get used to your new phone :P have a look around and read up on it, check out the settings menu.
Don’t use the Security app for the next days, reinstall the apps you are missing and give feedback if the apps / pictures/ videos still disappear.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.