Meizu MX5 dont work 4G in EU

Hi to all,

I have Meizu MX5 Flyme 5 and how i see i cant use 4G. And the problem si that dual sim cant use bought internet network.
Is possible how to make 4G and to have like dual 4G for two sim cards?

P.S. And is possible to Flash it via recovery someone application like port camera fron samsung and etc?

Contributor

@iskomx5 post what firmware you are using.
And double check with your carrier what frequency they use at your location.

4G works in Europe, but 4G isn’t simply 4G! Different operators, work on different frequencies.

And you have dual 4G for both sim-card slots. But the one you select for data, gets 4G and the other one is 2G. It’s written on the official Meizu page.

What Ultrametric says. Meizu does not support the 800MHz and 900MHz frequencies, which are commonly used in Europe. The 1800MHz is also used but it is harder to build a large network upon it, since the area coverage and penatration into buildings drop at higher frequencies. The advantage of 1800MHz for providers is the higher throughput rates and therefore often only used in highly populated areas.

I dont know where you live, country and city? Which provider do you use?

@Kokkie meizu mx5 m575m supports 900 mhz

last edited by Kokkie

@SeaMoose said:

@Kokkie meizu mx5 m575m supports 900 mhz

Yes and no: you are probably pointing at a 2G/3G frequency range, but 4G is not supported in this range AFAIK.

last edited by Kokkie

@Kokkie ah yes, im very sorry, didn’t realise you were talking about 4g frequencies. ( its in the title but oops)

Ahaaa, so just one SIM can use the internet.

Im from Montenegro and I use T-Com network. I know that here is tha 4G nut i dont know did my MX5 connect?

@iskomx5 if there is a 4G near ur signal icons then you are connected to 4g. if it says 3G,H,H+,2G then it’s not 4g.

Contributor

@iskomx5 Yes only one Sim-Card can use the Internet :) .
Talk to your provider and find out what frequencies/bands they use at your location and check on the backside of your phone box, if your phone supports those.

My MX5 has updated OTA to 5.0.0.1A and it gets 4G on network “3” and “Vodafone” in UK

@Ultrametric said:

@iskomx5 Yes only one Sim-Card can use the Internet :) .
Talk to your provider and find out what frequencies/bands they use at your location and check on the backside of your phone box, if your phone supports those.

The 4G on Tcom in Montenegro have 1800 and 2600 Mhz. Is that ok?

I have the last beta Flyme 5 OS.

Contributor

@iskomx5 It also depends of the version of your phone. I assume you have the M575.

My version of this supports LTE
Band 1,3,38,39,40,41
or 2100, 1800+, 2600,1900+,2300,2500
Assuming you have the same phone as I do, you are fine.

last edited by Ultrametric

@Ultrametric said:

@iskomx5 It also depends of the version of your phone. I assume you have the M575.

My version of this supports LTE
Band 1,3,38,39,40,41
or 2100, 1800+, 2600,1900+,2300,2500
Assuming you have the same phone as I do, you are fine.

Soory , but hiw to knoe which version is my Meizu MX5?

Contributor

@iskomx5 As I said before. It’s written on the box of your phone. Right next to the frequencies your phones supports.

@Ultrametric along with every frequency that ur phone supports :)

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.