Lollipop performance
Meizu MX4 Pro

I’m interested in mx4 pro, but i cannot find any test or impressions about lollipop update. Only simple ones like: battery improved, perfrormance increased. Yeah, but how much.
I’ve read that meizu on kk is just very good, except benchmarks, but there are some slowdowns from time to time. So i would like to know if it still happens, or if phone is blazing fast with 5.0.1.

Contributor

@Szymon-Kasperczyk What are you reasons to buy it. And more important where would you buy it.
Some people had trouble with Aliexpress, have a look here: https://meizufans.eu/forum/topic/2997/unknown-serial-no-and-weird-imei

What is important to you? Is a high Antutu score important or daily use performance?
Share a bit more of why you want to get it, and what’s the most important thing of the MX4 Pro.

last edited by Ultrametric
Meizu MX4 Pro

I can buy it on auction portal in my country, from second hand. There should be no problem with shipping then.

Daily use performance is important, heavy autotasking and smooth interface. I don’t play games.
Audio quality is also very important. I would like to have epic screen and good camera as well.

I’m currently using lg g2.

Contributor

@Szymon-Kasperczyk
That’s the battery performance and phone performance problem, the crazy resolution of the phone eats up the battery and performance, for no benefit.

With a lower resolution, the MX4 Pro would be an amazingly fast phone.

The audio quality is only good, if you use headphones. The build in speakers are quite loud, but suck. So you only get good audio quality and can use the chip inside with expensive and nice headphones.

If you buy it second hand, be sure that nobody is logged in with his Flyme-Account. Make sure that the person you buy it from logged out, so that you can log in with your Flyme Account.

Also have a look at the Recovery Mode, accessible via “Volume UP + Power” when the phone is turned off.
That’s how the Flyme 5 Recovery Mode looks like: https://i.imgur.com/CY8AgCz.jpg
be sure that something similar, is on the phone you buy.

The Meizu MX4 Pro, wasn’t the best phone Meizu ever made, they stopped to produce it after a short time. Right now it is sold in China for about 160€ (16GB Version).

Still it is a decent phone, if you get hands on the 32GB Version for a good price, get it.

The only downside in my opinion is the huge screen resolution and the ratio, the screen resolution eats up performance and battery for no benefit.

Avoid meizu. Even the Chinese regret buying it.

Meizu MX4 Pro

im content with my mx4 pro but i think its not a big upgrade to the lg g2 …

Contributor

@mx4pro big in size maybe :P

Meizu MX4 Pro

g2 is good and bad smartphone. Well, while spec are good build quality is bad.
While headphone output is ok, speaker is one of the worst ive heard.
While camera has stabilization, it just doesn’t offer much quality especially in low light. But when its fairly ok, MIC is just very very bad. Thanks to badly intemplented noise reduction. Screen is also ok, but not glorious. Screen to body ratio is nice.

I guess mx4pro would be an upgrade to me, but ill see tommorrow. If not, i would sell it.

Meizu MX4 Pro

@n3roxe die you sell it again or how do you like the meizu ?

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.