ROM & Firmware

Whats the differents between ROM & Firmware? And is it possible flashing the whole OS and Flash Stock ROM instead of firmware?

last edited by Alfikar Syamsuddin

I’m not an expert but as I know, a ROM is just an operating system (just android in our case) while a Firmware contain all the software-side of a smartphone (operating system, recovery, preloader, and all little things making your phone bootable and usable). But it’s just my hypothesis :)

PS : Actually there is no custom Flyme package which only include OS, so for now you can only install firmware ;)

last edited by furious.builder

@furious.builder said:

I’m not an expert but as I know, a ROM is just an operating system (just android in our case) while a Firmware contain all the software-side of a smartphone (operating system, recovery, preloader, and all little things making your phone bootable and usable). But it’s just my hypothesis :)

PS : Actually there is no custom Flyme package which only include OS, so for now you can only install firmware ;)

Oh? So this should be mean if I download stock ROM from this site and then wipe my system and install the stock ROM it should be contain all the stuff like recovery and boot etc. So is it possible if I want to wipe my system and install the rom? Im just asking to make sure.

last edited by Alfikar Syamsuddin

No because the rom here is packaged together with recovery boot and ect

Theoretically you need to make your own rom based on official Flyme, and you’ll need unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery… But why would you install only rom ?

@furious.builder said:

Theoretically you need to make your own rom based on official Flyme, and you’ll need unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery… But why would you install only rom ?

Actually I have a little problem cause by unproper installing SuperSu. After that my phone keep turn black wether I swipe up to see recent apps or swipe down to see notification bar. So I think theres only one way to fix this! Swipe System and Re-install clean stock rom, if you know what I mean. But how am I gonna do that?

Just install the same version of Flyme that you have without clearing data :) Download the update.zip, copy it to your phone (at the root of your phone), then boot to recovery and just select “Upgrade system” and not “Clear data”, it’ll solve your problem :) If you still have bugs, select “clear data” but you’ll lost all apps and settings

@furious.builder said:

Just install the same version of Flyme that you have without clearing data :) Download the update.zip, copy it to your phone (at the root of your phone), then boot to recovery and just select “Upgrade system” and not “Clear data”, it’ll solve your problem :) If you still have bugs, select “clear data” but you’ll lost all apps and settings

Thank you, I think its working!, I tried Install and Clear data, and the bugs gone!

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.