New MX5 user, problems and bugs

Hello, i am new user of MX5, i am coming from a lenovo K920 phone and i found several problems with the mx5 software

• data connection fluctuates very bad between edge and H+, there is no option to force the phone to use 3g
  • facebook chat heads is not showing all the window when chatting with someone, there is always a gap on the bottom of the screen when keybord is hidden and when keyboard is up edges of the chat window r under the keyboard and the upper margin
  • Mobile Voip software doesnt use the proximity sensor
  • phone is heating pretty bad just for using whatsapp and facebook chating
  • they advertise as mcharge but there is no mcharge, my k920 with his 4000mah battery was charging from 0 to 100 in 1 hour and 40 min and lenovo did not advertise any fast charge, but meizu takes longer with mcharge and 3000mah battery, so where is the catch ?
  • brightness auto adjust is not doing anything, if its on auto it should modify the brightness acording to the environment but it does nothing brightness is the same outside in the sun or at night, if i put it in auto mode why i am still able to adjust it manualy ?

My opinion after 3 days of use, nice looking device, good implementation of fingerprint, display is ok, signal is good, battery is average, loudspeaker is ok.
This phone could use a cyanogenmod, i dont know why these chinese people insist in building their own os with flaws rather than using a well tested os like cyanogen or omni

Contributor

@tedulus said:

data connection fluctuates very bad between edge and H+, there is no option to force the phone to use 3g

There is one way to force it, yes. It is a bit more advanced, anyway I forgot how I got into the menu, so that doesn’t help you :P .
Is your data settings, set to prefer 3G?

phone is heating pretty bad just for using whatsapp and facebook chating

What is pretty bad, how hot is that and in what power mode are you?

they advertise as mcharge but there is no mcharge, my k920 with his 4000mah battery was charging from 0 to 100 in 1 hour and 40 min and lenovo did not advertise any fast charge, but meizu takes longer with mcharge and 3000mah battery, so where is the catch ?

I have no trouble with the m-charge, are you using the original charger? My original charger is in the box, and I am using a Qulacomm certified 12volts and 24watts charger instead. M-charge works for me, as advertised.

brightness auto adjust is not doing anything, if its on auto it should modify the brightness acording to the environment but it does nothing brightness is the same outside in the sun or at night, if i put it in auto mode why i am still able to adjust it manualy ?

The brightness adjust thing works just fine, but it is slow, it doesn’t adjust fast.

And last about Flyme.
I like it, just as much as I like MIUI, but I have never used stock Android! All I had before was Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 10 and iOS, for me the custom UI is perfect ;)
It just depends what you are used to.

I am using balanced mode but this is absolutely irrelevant. Its not supposed to heat up when chatting.
I am using the original charger that came with the phone, 5volts 2000 mah, i guess they forgot to include mcharge in the box.
Off course im using 3g first setting there is no other alternative.
I am not a novice in android phones, i know what im talking about.

Contributor

@tedulus still what is hot as a temperature, could you please state the actual Celsius degree?

And how long does it take you to charge the phone? Do you use the phone while you charge it? Uh and I am not sure, as I don’t use the charger and left it back home in Austria. But shouldn’t it be a 12V charger for the MX5, could you have a look at yours?

last edited by Ultrametric

@Ultrametric how to force 3g…my network’s keep switching to 2g where as my mi3 stays fixed on 3g using same network

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.