Quick charge???? Problems with mCharge.

Hi everybody!

I received my Meizu MX5 32 GB International version last week. (Flyme OS 4.5.2.7I) That came from an official Meizu agent. The phone is very good and I really like it apart from a problem with quick charge. It takes a bit more than 2 hours to charge it up fully.:open_mouth: :worried: :anguished: I have got a charger with the phone (model number: UP0520E), that was in the box. The charger’s data is : Input 100-240V, ~50-60Hz, 0.3А
Output: 5V-2А.
It charges 7% in 10 mins, and 36% in 40 mins, and 53% in 60 mins for me. It seems something is wrong with it.** I was suprised, when I had seen the chinese charger has different input and output limit values.** Has anybody got the same problem or do you know any solutions? How long it takes to charge your phones up (with what sort of chargers). Thank you

last edited by TTTotya

From where get International version ?

i get fully charged in about 1h. from 20 to 100. try different usb cable or outlet

@SeaMoose I have tried already, but the results are the same.😧😩

@Shady There is a topic titled: Where to buy an international version or something similar. You can find pretty much answers there.

last edited by TTTotya
Meizu MX5

i have a friend in china , he sent me a chinese version of this phone. it has 12V-2A charger. 5V and 9V is almost mentioned. i think the charger imply 12V from 0-60% and after that decreases the voltage to 9V and 5V gradually. anyway this one is the original meizu fast charger.

P51014-115411.jpg

Yes the Original one has 12V 2A, 5V and 1A are not for Fast Charging…

@engineer I see, as I expected. I just don’t know why they put that charger in the box then. I gonna ask them, because it’s strange, the phone should provide me fast charge, but it can’t because of the charger they gave.:worried: :disappointed:

@SeaMoose What type of charger do you use? (UP0520 or UP1220)? European or Chinese?

last edited by TTTotya

@TTTotya up1220

Meizu MX5

@TTTotya said:

@engineer I see, as I expected. I just don’t know why they put that charger in the box then. I gonna ask them, because it’s strange, the phone should provide me fast charge, but it can’t because of the charger they gave.:worried: :disappointed:

i think they remove the original charger in order to sell it later. its for sure when the store buy directly from meizu they are provided with the original charger.

Admin

@engineer Yup, that’s what the Chinese do to maximize profit… @TTTotya If they described to send the quick charger with the phone you can open a PayPal dispute and require them to send you one or refund the money to buy one. In any other case, you need to come along with the given circumstances and get a charger by yourself elsewhere (look on amazon, ebay, aliexpress and Meizu resellers)

@engineer @samanen Both of you are right. I asked about the charger the official Meizu agent in France (I got the phone from ).

They answered the following (translated from french):

“Hello,
The mCharge is a fast charge technology capability MX5.
This product is not yet available and comes in addition to your pack.
We can take the example of a smartphone with a micro SD slot but offered no card, the card is added thereafter.
We should receive and offered technology mCharger by the end of the year.
Please wait time to receive product and then ordering on our eshop.
Thank you for your understanding
Best regards”

So that is that. :(

And they don’t mention anything about the charger in the description of the phone on the website.

They mention mCharge technology only.

Hi, until now I did not try to load with the supplied charger. It has those chinese pins so it do not fit to a german “Steckdose”. In my car I use a charger with 2A. This fills the battery in about 45 min fom 45 to 100%. This means I do not have to charge the phone overnight.

@TTTotya hello dear I am also facing same problem, actually they have given m charge facility only to international handsets, Indian version do not support mcharge or quick charge function, bcoz if u see their global china site they are showing quick charge function in features of mx5, and on Indian website they even hadn’t mention about quick charge, I just bought mx5 India version three days before and my mobile takes alma 2.30 min to charge 100%…

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.