Running on 4.5.5A (rooted)
I experience the following problem: Suddenly, the phone starts disconnecting from the Tower Cell as soon as I turn off the Wifi (with Mobile Data enabled). If Mobile Data is disabled, the connection is stable.
This is the second time I have this issue. Last time I did a factory reset, and it has been working ever since - up till now.
This time, I have tried the following to figure out where/what the problem is:
- Tested with different Mobile Data speeds (only 2G, 3G first and so on). It makes no difference.
- As long as WiFi is on, the connection is stable both with and without Mobile Data enabled
- But when Wifi is off and Mobile Data is switched on, the phone loses connection with the Tower Cell - and switches between connecting and disconnecting whilst the following statuses is shown No Service / No Simcard / #Operator name#
- Just for testing, the APNs have been deleted and typed back in. It did not change anything
- I have also reflashed the phone with the same Firmware, but the issue remains.
Finally, I have now done a new Factory Reset, and the issue is fortunately gone (again). But for how long?
In my opinion, this is apparently a soft-/firmware issue. Any hardware faults is persistant, and will not disappear by doing a Factory Reset.
It is not especially nice to have a phone that must have a Factory Reset every couple of weeks… does anyone got an idea what this might be?