What is the difference between versions flyme ???

Hello,
I read that there are five different versions flyme.
A = Generic
U = China Unicom
C = China Mobile
I = International and
Y = ?? which is the last update here http://reameizu.com/flyme-update-m2-mini-yunos-454/
Whati is the difference between all of those versions??? my Meizu had U version.

Admin

I will add this to our F.A.Q. at the weekend, till then:
A = Generic

• Works on all devices
  • Comes without Google Play Store and Services
  • Has a few uninstallable chinese apps
  • Contains all Flyme features like free Music downloads
  • Lacks some languages in current releases

U = China Unicom

• Same like A, but with carrier specific apps
  • Might have locked bands

C = China Mobile

• Same like U

I = International

• Contains all languages
  • Some Flyme functions are disabled like free Music downloads
  • Comes with Google Play preinstalled
  • Only available for I devices, can be bypassed

Y = YunOS

• Similar to U and C firmwares
  • Based on YunOS from Alibaba
  • Only usable on some devices

Q = China Telecom

• Same like C and U

Oh sorry i don’t see this week F.A.Q but i want to thank you for your answer.Thank for your help.
Can you ask yo last question or other people knows for M2 will go out International rom ???

Probably not since the M2 is only focused at the Chinese market.

@soupis said:

Oh sorry i don’t see this week F.A.Q but i want to thank you for your answer.Thank for your help.
Can you ask yo last question or other people knows for M2 will go out International rom ???

amazon italy send m2 with international rom on 12 october so they release it soon

@tafazzi87 said:

@soupis said:>
amazon italy send m2 with international rom on 12 october so they release it soon

Is it really international rom (i) or another version with Italian language? I received M2 with chinese (U) version but with Dutch language.

last edited by Podovsky

No no it will be international firmware not a chinese one plus italian language i’m sure

Are you sure it is the M2 and not the M2 Note?

i am sure that it’s m2, this is the LINK to the product on amazon

Which model (hardware, modem) C or U work on European 3G/4G bands (like A that works)

Our phone model works for EU 3G/4G networks as all the models made for China Unicom network do.
Just look at the phone specs and you have to see WCDMA and FDD-LTE there.
If there is no WCDMA and FDD-LTE (models for China Mobile and China Telecom) the phone won’t have data network in Europe and nearby.
Internal name for our phone (China Unicom) is M578U.

A, C. U, Q and Y - These are firmware version signs, not the phone variants :)
So you can flash A version (generic) or U version (China Unicom) and both have modem files compatible with our M578U phone made for China Unicom network.

last edited by dakok

Hmm. You say you can buy any of the phone models and flash A or U for european networks?
Are you sure?

Admin

@dakok said:

Hmm. You say you can buy any of the phone models and flash A or U for european networks?
Are you sure?

I am very sure. Meizu uses the same hardware for all markets.
However, if you want to use all bands, you need to use the I firmware.

Note:
There are of course sometimes hardware related limitations. At least for the MX4 and MX4 Pro it is a confirmed fact.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.