The Lie Part (2/2)

It’s quite alarming to read about the “lies” at Meizu. As a Meizu phone user, I know Meizu phones aren’t perfect, but never in my mind I imagined it’s as bad as described. I had high hopes for the high-end Meizu phones and thought Meizu a good chance to crack the US$600+ market share. But the choice of 5.7" screen size and a slew of initial negative reviews, plus AOKP’s article have already made me turn to other mid-range devices.

I believe many members here are die-heart Meizu fans. If many of us have been disheartened, what are the chances Meizu will do well in the time ahead?

/Y.T.

Admin

@whytea said:

It’s quite alarming to read about the “lies” at Meizu. As a Meizu phone user, I know Meizu phones aren’t perfect, but never in my mind I imagined it’s as bad as described. I had high hopes for the high-end Meizu phones and thought Meizu a good chance to crack the US$600+ market share. But the choice of 5.7" screen size and a slew of initial negative reviews, plus AOKP’s article have already made me turn to other mid-range devices.

I believe many members here are die-heart Meizu fans. If many of us have been disheartened, what are the chances Meizu will do well in the time ahead?

/Y.T.

I do not see any future for them to be honest.
Without restructuring the company will be lost.

For me there is one question unanswered after these two parts of the story. And although this question may sound unfriendly, it is not meant that way at all: why are you still doing all this? I am not that surprised by the unprofessional Meizu organisation, but why are you keeping up with this meizu fans site?

Contributor

@kasperhettinga i bet its cause we so cool and awesome and sweet people =D

Admin

@Latstyle & @kasperhettinga ,

of course this is a very good question many people asked me already before and you can be sure about one thing, it is never impolite to ask ;)

But to answer your question:
Why shouldn’t I? It is indeed a lot of work to run this site and it is not cheap either, but it is a great feeling to be able to help others.
I am too proud about what I’ve reached with this site - not even a year ago 1.000.000 visitors looked like a huge and insurmountable obstacle. I really enjoy keeping this running, meeting new faces and people.

Also, if I would have given up this site I would also have given up my justice.
Meizu would have get everything and I’d be left with nothing, except a big hole in my wallet.

I know it might be hard to understand, but if you work on something for more than 2 years it is like it would be your child.

@AOKP said:

of course this is a very good question many people asked me already before and you can be sure about one thing, it is never impolite to ask ;)

Why shouldn’t I? It is indeed a lot of work to run this site and it is not cheap either, but it is a great feeling to be able to help others.
I am too proud about what I’ve reached with this site - not even a year ago 1.000.000 visitors looked like a huge and insurmountable obstacle. I really enjoy keeping this running, meeting new faces and people.

Meizu would have get everything and I’d be left with nothing, except a big hole in my wallet.

I know it might be hard to understand, but if you work on something for more than 2 years it is like it would be your child.

I actually would like to quote and add to this. My website is smaller, but I get this question sometimes as well. We hope (Me, Rey and other like us) that in the end, Meizu will realize their mistake and would like to fix it. I too use Meizu devices, and would love to see the support being better than it is currently. So instead of doing nothing, we decided to contribute and act.

last edited by hxii
Admin

@n0cte said:

@AOKP said:

… We hope (Me, Robin and other like us) that in the end…

Robin? It is his fold that Meizufans and Meizu are divided. He tried to screw me and you over. :P

@AOKP said:

@n0cte said:

@AOKP said:

… We hope (Me, Robin and other like us) that in the end…

Robin? It is his fold that Meizufans and Meizu are divided. He tried to screw me and you over. :P

God damnit. I keep saying Robin instead of Rey. I fixed it. :grimacing:

Wow. As someone who just bought an M2 Note, this is pretty unsettling to read. It makes me wonder what I’ve gotten myself into.

I really feel like the company is capable of producing great things and succeeding on a global level, without any underhanded tricks or dealings. I hope that they’re able to pull things together and do so.

Admin

I lost this hope - I mean 1 year is over now, Meizu has lost according to Forbes almost 0,5% for Q1 and the downward trend still continues. It is frustrating.

@AOKP understandably so, especially with you witnessing firsthand all this happening to something you care about.

That said, thank you so much for keeping Meizufans online, so that people who actually use the phones can support each other and help each other out. :relieved:

just bought a meizu device yesterday, and then i read this… T___T
let’s just hope for a better future for the user.

I don’t know if my post was deleted or was not here as I was using the app. Nevertheless the conflict between meizufans and meizu itself is bad to hear about. Although I do still think the devices are really good and have a potential. Just the global strategy must change and as you say the quality control also. Hope everything goes well. I am pretty impressed with pro 5 to be honest and planning to buy one. It’s still just a device, I do not need to know the background who’s the idiot in the company or who’s not. There are idiots everywhere, in every organisation.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.