Meizu Pro 5 unveiled!
Contributor

once again… im skeptical about how front looks… if the screen sort of not deep inside frame… means more easy to crack… not to mention even if you use tempered glass on it… it will feel bulky i guess…

Meizu MX4

progress :

• Micro SD
  • FHD and not QHD

unknowns :

• Is Flyme 5 better than Flyme 4 ?
  • FDD-LTE : as all meizu phone, detail are missing : http://www.meizu.com/en/products/pro5/spec.html
    the only information is “FDD-LTE” but where is the detail ? The MX4 (I have one) only support band 1,3,7. In France, there are 4 providers :
    Orange : use band 7 (2600 MHz) in city and band 20 (800 MHz) in low density areas
    Bouygue : use band 7, 3 (1800 MHz) and 20.
    Free : use only band 7
    SFR : use mainly band 20 and a little band 7.
    The lack of band 20 is very annoying …

In wikipedia I can see that the band 20 is very used in europe, so the problem isn’t only in France …

hi AOKP could you post some info about FLYME 5 if you got something, thanks

Contributor

@Antonin-Srnsky as soon there is Flyme 5 for the MX5 we will make a review of it.

Admin

@Antonin-Srnsky said:

hi AOKP could you post some info about FLYME 5 if you got something, thanks

Nothing special to say about Flyme 5.
Most likely the same buggy shit as the developers are not even capeable of using free tools like PMD.

Flyme 5 so far looks like a visual refresh and nothing more.
From what I could see in the launch event, they added stuff that is already present on stock Android (e.g. lockscreen notifications).

Contributor

@n0cte said:

Flyme 5 so far looks like a visual refresh and nothing more.
From what I could see in the launch event, they added stuff that is already present on stock Android (e.g. lockscreen notifications).

well if it is like that… then i guess its gonna have same features that Android M promise to bring… on functionality side ofc…

Meizu MX4

@AOKP said:

Nothing special to say about Flyme 5.
Most likely the same buggy shit as the developers are not even capeable of using free tools like PMD.

Bad new :/
I don’t understand why Meizu make its own OS. Using stock Android requires less development and translation work.
It seems that china’s consumers love “iOS like” OS. But in Europe we want stock Android !
If Meizu make a “Meizu Pro 5 stock Android edition” for Europe, Meizu’s sell in Europe will be multiplied by 100 (or more).

All French review of Meizu phone have the same conclusion : Flyme is not correctly translated, buggy and not adapted for the France. And I’m sure it’s the same in other countries

Contributor

@robin4002 I don’t want stock Android! Never had it, never missed it.

Contributor

dont mind stock android… but overall there is only one benefit from it… ok two lol… one is that it will run much better cause it wont have any UI like HTC / Samsung and all others have… so… less ram hungry… and it will be updated directly from google… so… really fast…

downside from it is that as example… Flyme OS already got most of features that Google announce will be included in new Android M…

all is needed that a few people got fired from Meizu/Flyme that cant get shit together and hire some people who know what they are doing… and fix those stupid easy to fix bugs… (like Weather app only works for China lol) and unlock Bootloaders + release kernels for every device… Meizu not gonna lose from that at all…

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.