[Help] Custom recovery

Hi,
Days ago someone posted here a screenshot of an M1 Note with a working custom recovery, the photo was taken from a Russian forum. Searching the thread in that forum lead me to a recovery.img file, instructions and some screenshots of a working recovery. So I am asking if there’s a Russian-speaking member here that could help with translation so anyone could benefit.
Link: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=684529&st=660#entry42739716

Mod note: Moved topic.

Hi,

there’s a tutorial about this on XDA, wonders me why no one already posted this kind of information.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/meizu-mx/general/tutorial-bootloader-unlocking-mx4-m1-t3201715

There’s a lot of talking about bricking the device, I don’t want to take risk. Has anyone tried this ?

I have tried it,flashing the custom recovery and unlocking bootloader doesnt brick it but installing lollipop via custom recovery(install zip) hardbricked it i cant boot to flyme , recovery nor fastboot

Meizu MX4

@AUG1233321 said:

I have tried it,flashing the custom recovery and unlocking bootloader doesnt brick it but installing lollipop via custom recovery(install zip) hardbricked it i cant boot to flyme , recovery nor fastboot

Oh jesus…you flash from custom rom? Now you have fastboot locked and can’t reflash the “recovery patched”

No i tried to flash flyme 4.5.6C using the custom recovery and btw iam not locked on fastboot my phone can’t even turn on

Meizu MX4

Are you sure? Why you try to flash it from custom recovery? For do this you need to use the “recovery patched”. Put the phone in fastboot and do this command: fastboot flash recovery “recovery name (move the recovery.img on the terminal)”. If flash it, put the phone in recovery mode and flash an update.zip (4.2.8.2. I). Good luck.

Contributor

@iChebbi I suggest you don’t start with a Meizu to test custom Roms.
If you have no experience with it, get a very cheap china phone and brick it as much as you like.

@AUG1233321 : Noooooo ! Don’t flash 4.5.6 or later ! It corrects everything ! You’ll not be able to unlock the bootloader anymore or just downgrade your firmware

i didnt,first i downgrade to 4.2.0.5 A then i unlock bootloader and flash custom recovery then i tried upgrading back to lollipop via philz touch zip flash and it hardbricked it, no charging,no OS,no fastboot, no recovery and ect. My phone is now being repaired by the service centre,and i came down to a conclusion that Meizu phone SHOULD NOT be treated like other Qualcomm,Ekynos,Mediatek and ect device

It’s the problem, you flashed a stock flyme with the custom recovery (PhilZ Touch 6 here)… It shouldn’t be done, it causes hardbrick, you need to flash a patched stock recovery before coming back to stock flyme :/

thanks for the advice, i though meizu phone will be familliar with other device

Hey! Im new here, I already download the M1 Note Unlock.Rar, my main problem is I want to flash the OS and install new ROM using the custom recovery mode, how do I install the Custom Recovery Mode?

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.