Screen change, which part to buy?

Hello I need to replace my screen, the glass has cracked so the touch doesn’t work but the LCD displays everything fine. I looked on Aliexpress but there are many parts and I don’t know which one I should get. I am located in Europe if that matters. Here are some pictures, do I need the part with the frame or not? Can I just buy the glass?

thanks

DSC_0079.JPG DSC_0080.JPG DSC_0081.JPG

Contributor

I never replaced it on a MX4. The question is how hard will it be to get it off and how easy will you attach the new front screen protector?
If you are short on budget and have the time to answer these questions yeah get only the cheap thing.

If you aren’t short on budget replace the whole thing!

Have a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_dPBrPqT1k

last edited by Ultrametric

So I guess it’s possible to just remove the glass? But I am puzzled why the touch screen does not work and if it will work by only changing the glass.

Contributor

@becritical yes it is but you will need a lot of patience and will have to apply hot air on your screen to get the glue off. This means you will apply hot air on your phone and this will heat it up.

It’s not given that you will damage your phone, if you know what you are doing, but a risk if you don’t.
Compared to this, replacing the whole display is easy.

Well, just buy the LCD+digitizer package. If you are not familiar with removing the LCD from the digitizer, the chance you will succeed is very low. The package costs a little bit more money, but you can be sure that you got a working phone in an hour. (I replaced mine twice)

Yes, these combinations cost around 30 bucks atm.

thank you guys very helpful, I will order this last one.

Admin

Best of luck, check out this guide on iFixit, might be a good help even though it’s missing a lot of steps. You can find some videos on YouTube aswell. :) :+1:

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.