Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ Reload ]

Call quality issues

My phone has been lately making strange call quality issues: my voice can be heard distorted, sometimes inaudible for some seconds, or as if I was speaking from a box(!), so the call quality can be terrible. How it can be fixed (if it can be at all)? Other than that everything seems to be OK with the device… (currently vol value for sip under hardware testing/audio/normal mode is set with max vol as 160 and value level as 64 when accessing engineer mode).
Any ideas???

Contributor

Hey :) @danyilov1 Could it be the microphone? Could you please record your own voice (or something) and see if this works?

Just tested it for minutes. It works, no distortion or whatsoever, sound quality is OK. Could it be perhaps the mobile network operator? I’m on 3G, signal service is OK.

Contributor

@danyilov1 With the information given I am only guessing.
It could also be the antenna, your mobile network service provider or the system app.

The default suggestion is always to create a up to date clean and fresh system. Meaning backup all data, and make a system upgrade with clearing all data.

What firmware do you run on and how did you manipulate your phone lately, did you root it install some kernel frameworks or similar?

last edited by Ultrametric
Admin

Let’s first make sure it’s not about the lack of frequency support… Check your operator’s supported frequencies and see if they correspond to what your phone supports. It can be done easily here. Though, I’m seriously not in doubt of this, but it’s good to find it out first, isn’t it? :smile:

Contributor

@samanen fully agree with you!
Will my phone work is a good start, but not always right! Keep this in mind :) Also it is not given that your provider supports the bands / frequencies all over the country.

But he claimed the problem to occur lately! So did you move lately, or did you first have good call quality at the same spot where you have bad call quality now?

last edited by Ultrametric
Admin

@Ultrametric Oh yeah definitely not always 100% correct, but it can be a “directional” tip (especially in case of a not-so-advanced user), if you know what I mean. The best option of course is doing it manually by hand - check the specs (on the back of your retail box) and see if your provider has a “coverage map” for example, where you can see which frequencies are supported in which areas in your country. ;)

@Ultrametric

currently I’m using flyme OS 4.5.3A
I did NOT manipulate my phone in any way except for rooting it the Meizu way officially (by signing in to flyme account). Not installed any kernal frameworks.

@samamen: thanks, I’ll check the frequencies that is supported.

One more thing: how to find out if I have one of the following model number:
M571
M571C
M571M
M571U

Under model number I can only see m2 note (no sign of the above codes on my phone)
there is also Baseband version, but it provides no information on the model number.
Is there a hidden code to find this info out? Or maybe engineering mode can help?

@Ultrametric

the latter is the case: I first had good call quality for some time and then people tell me that sometimes my voice is either distorted or signal is weak so they can’t hear me or hear me but very unaudibly.

I haven’t moved lately.

@Ultrametric said:

@samanen fully agree with you!
Will my phone work is a good start, but not always right! Keep this in mind :) Also it is not given that your provider supports the bands / frequencies all over the country.

But he claimed the problem to occur lately! So did you move lately, or did you first have good call quality at the same spot where you have bad call quality now?

Meizu m2 note

I share the same problem.
started when I bought the device (in the old one it was fine)

@coolsha21

by the way, where did you buy your phone from? I bought mine from aliexpress.

Meizu m2 note

@danyilov1 said:

@coolsha21

by the way, where did you buy your phone from? I bought mine from aliexpress.

I’m from Israel, and I bought it from the official importer “BUG”

the problem is very annoying, someone told me today again that they can’t hear me

@coolsha21

Questions: are you using external sd+sim card combination?
Which tray did you put your SIM card onto? I show you a picture:

http://www2.res.meizu.com/en_in/images/m2note/features/cc-a.png

So which tray are you using as your primary SIM? Where the blue SIM card is or where the sd card is?
I have been using sd card+sim card combination just like on the picture, but yesterday I swapped places, so I’ve put my SIM card in the place of the sd card- the voice became better, more crisp. Can you try the swap and let me know of your experiences?

Meizu m2 note

@danyilov1 said:

@coolsha21

Questions: are you using external sd+sim card combination?
Which tray did you put your SIM card onto? I show you a picture:

http://www2.res.meizu.com/en_in/images/m2note/features/cc-a.png

So which tray are you using as your primary SIM? Where the blue SIM card is or where the sd card is?
I have been using sd card+sim card combination just like on the picture, but yesterday I swapped places, so I’ve put my SIM card in the place of the sd card- the voice became better, more crisp. Can you try the swap and let me know of your experiences?

I use it as the picture show - only without the sd card
I will try the swap later, thanks!
While on phone now, people hear you better now? louder?

Looks like your connection to Call quality issues was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.