Frequency problem

Hello,

I’ve buy from China a Meizu MX5. The seller say it is compatible with FDD-LTE 2600Mhz but when I tried to connect to 4G now, I can’t. My MX5 is M575M with A firmware (latest version).

Someone have a solution ? Know which Meizu is compatible with ?

Thank’s,
Simon

Well, where do you live? Country (France I guess) and city? Which provider do you use?

The 2600mHz band is supported by the MX5 and all 4G FDD Meizu phones. But the question is, does your provider support it in your area.

I live in France, Nantes (On the West Coast). My provider is Free Mobile which use only FDD-LTE 2600.

Meizu MX4

Meizu France said on Facebook that the MX5 only support the band 3 (1800 MHz) and the 1 (2100 MHz). I don’t think your MX5 support the band 7. You can still go to phone application and enter ##3646633## to open MTK engineer mode. Then click on Band Mode → SIM1 → you have a list of supported bands.

Original message in french :
Meizu france avait dit sur Facebook que le MX5 ne supportait que la bande 3 (1800 MHz) et la 1 (2100MHz). Donc un MX5 qui fait la bande 7 j’y crois pas trop. Va quand même dans l’application téléphone et tapes ##3646633## pour arriver dans le mode ingénieur. Ensuite clic sur Band Mode → SIM1 →tu as la liste des bandes supportées.

last edited by robin4002

I’ve tried the “engineer mode” after root. I dont see B7.

@Kokkie said:

Well, where do you live? Country (France I guess) and city? Which provider do you use?

The 2600mHz band is supported by the MX5 and all 4G FDD Meizu phones. But the question is, does your provider support it in your area.

Yeah but it is normal I don’t see it in Engineer mode ? There is any way to activate it ?

Contributor

@simonfr you can try it. But I hardly doubt that you will get lucky in there. Meizu likes to use slightly different (or a bit manipulated) MTK SoCs and so the basic tools that would work on different phones wont help you.

last edited by Ultrametric

@Ultrametric Which tools ? I’m coming from an Iphone and I don’t know Android. If you have tutorials links to try please send me.

last edited by simonfr
Meizu MX5

as obvious from the pic below. m575m doesn’t have support for Fdd lte 2600. only 1800mhz and 2100mhz. the model m575U also doesn’t have FDD lte 2600Mhz.

so you need to go for international firmware. but be aware , doing any step wrong may brick your phone.

qhTre6A.jpg

Contributor

@engineer Are you sure that you need the International Firmware!!!

To my knowledge there is no big difference between A and I, so all the frequencies you have in A should be in I.

Please state your source, and give detailed information!

Admin

Changing the firmware won’t have a direct effect on what the hardware is capable of. However, it might be that in certain firmwares the network frequency priorities are hierarchically in a different order. You could edit this as well though, through engineer mode - but I don’t know how exactly on your device. :unamused:

I think Meizu MX5 is hardware compatible because it’s the same Hardware needed for TDD-LTE and FDD-LTE (TDD 2600 is supported). The I firmware does not support 2600 FDD. I’m gonna to wait.

im havin the same problem in activating B7 .its in the list but cant seem to tick it. Only b1 and b3 is ticked. If theres no way of activating b7 ill have to sell it to my mates in china. Im on Celcom in Malaysia btw. Kindly assist

Hi,

Same problem for me.

Any news ? Maybe by changing to another provider ?
Any suggestion ?

Thank you.

Hi again,

Anyone could confirm that with International firmware band 7 is enabled please ?

Thanks

Contributor

@binerf I am on the latest Flyme 5 Beta, Chinese.

But the bands of firmware “A” (public Chinese) and firmware “I” (international) should be the same, as far as I know.

And… I don’t have Band 7, so I am very sure that the MX5 does not have band 7.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.