Premiere pro rendered videos don't open

Hi All,

I am trying to put .mp4 rendered files from premiere pro on my M2 note but they don’t play. anyone knows what the cause of this problem is? I tried different video players and I even converted the file to .avi. the only thing I can think of is that it is a 4000 x 1800 resolution because it is a 360° video.

Any help is appreciated :+1:

last edited by Kokkie
Admin

@Kuiters said:

Hi All,

I am trying to put .mp4 rendered files from premiere pro on my M2 note but they don’t play. anyone knows what the cause of this problem is? I tried different video players and I even converted the file to .avi. the only thing I can think of is that it is a 4000 x 1800 resolution because it is a 360° video.

Any help is appreciated :+1:

Hey, check this please:
https://meizufans.eu/forum/topic/2697/question-answer-guideline

We need your firmware version ;)

Probably a codec problem. Not all the video codecs are implemented in every device, since it costs too much money. This goes for Samsung, LG, you name which company you want and Meizu products. You only posted the file format .MP4 but I cannot see whether is e.g. H.264 or H.265 or any other codec. Please take a look at Premiere Pro and look for the used codec, this might help you.

Other thing, you can try to install MX Player. If a codec is not supported, the app will tell you to install this and lead you to the download page.

@Kokkie

The codec is H.264 I tried MX player but still no luck. it did show a thumbnail of the video tho.

@AOKP

I am running Amdroid 5.1 and Flyme OS 4.5.2l. I tried updating it through the update app but it said this was the latest version

Does your video playback at other devices? (Meaning android devices, so phones or tablets)

@Kokkie

Yes it plays on my LG G3 and it also plays on a Samsung S5. I just checked the codec with a video recorded on the Meizu M2 Note and it is exactly the same http://puu.sh/k6iAs/411e9684ef.png

Well, could have something to do with the SoC in the M2 Note. The SoC can limit the video playback capabilities of a phone. Since the G3 and S5 got a high-end Qualcomm chip, they have support for it, but the M2 Note has only a mid-range Mediatek chip and these high quality video playback might be not supported. I am not really into this matter at this moment, but it might be a clue.

BTW: Did you try compressing at lower pixelquality or lower bitrate? What is the FPS you are compressing at?

last edited by Kokkie

@Kokkie

yeah that could be the problem… I just made an AVI instead of MP4 and it played on MX player, but verrry slow, so like you said it is probably the chip. I think lowering the resolution will prevent this problem but I have to check. will report back soon

Ok so the device can’t play videos above 1920 x 1080 I discovered. I rendered the video at 1916 x 852 and that was the end of my problem. thanks for helping me here @Kokkie

I’m able to play on M2 note a video recorded by MX4pro in 4k mode (3840x2160) using MXplayer but only in software mode. There were some slowdowns.
In hardware mode there is only sound with black screen.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.