Meizu MX4 PRO : information before purchase

Hello, I registered on this forum recently because I would be willing to purchase the devices mentioned above . And for a long time that I’m surfing the net to steal more info possible and , recently, I saw a portal technology that the article was saying that Meizu would stop support services google terminals purchased in China , or with the Chinese version ( if you want to attach the article ) .
At this point I wondered if the news is true and if consequently in order to access Google services you must buy the international version .
I had already seen on a site the Meizu with the lower prices of the online market , but at this point I would be hesitant in purchasing just because the smartphone sales they are imported from China .
Thank you in advance for any response
Greetings :)

Contributor

@Lorenzo98 Hello,
Yes the MX4 Pro is discontinued this has been confirmed by Meizu and is valid. Meizu will suppor the MX4 Pro for a some more time, do not worry about it.

And about the support, this is old news. Meizu only supports the International devices, outside of china.
If this really matters, is up to you. If you have trouble with the non-International Version of a Meizu phone.
You have to send it back to the shop you got it from, including the original Warranty-Card of the phone, then the shop may sent it back to Meizu and they fix it.

Generally speaking, this is all the same for every Chinese Brand! So if you are afraid of this, don’t get a Chinese Phone!
It could happen that you never get your Chinese Phone back as soon as you sent it to be repaired! But this has nothing to do with Meizu, this is a general problem of Chinese Phones, and the so called gray-market.

I personally would not sent any Chinese phone back, but ask the shop the sent me the spare parts and repair it myself, assuming I am able to repair it.

And no, you do not have to have the International Version of the phone to install all google services! Getting the google-apps on a Flyme OS (Meizu Phone) takes you less than 5 minutes and is very simple, no special skills are required.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask :)

last edited by Ultrametric
Contributor

@Ultrametric can you show official link from Meizu ) didnt seen one… so i wonder…

Contributor

@Latstyle said:

@Ultrametric can you show official link from Meizu ) didnt seen one… so i wonder…

for what do you need it? If you don’t believe me, please prove me wrong. Ask the Meizu support.

Admin

@Latstyle said:

This was confirmed by HondaRacer and several other sites as well.
Distributors are also aware of it.

And about the warranty, I’d like to quote Li Nan, who had this idea.
“We will not cover the warranty for devices not bought from an official reseller.”

There have been several cases - also on this forum - where Meizu denied any warranty.

Contributor

@AOKP but its just MX4 Pro? or MX4 also?

thanks to all of the answers, my only fear is that buying before purchasing the PRO MX4 from unofficial channels and then with Chinese firmware in any way I will not have access to Google services and receive system updates, in addition to not receive after-sale.
I opted for this device just because it seems like the best price range, what do you think about it? :smiley:

Contributor

@Lorenzo98 @Lorenzo98 said:

thanks to all of the answers, my only fear is that buying before purchasing the PRO MX4 from unofficial channels and then with Chinese firmware in any way I will not have access to Google services and receive system updates, in addition to not receive after-sale.
I opted for this device just because it seems like the best price range, what do you think about it? :smiley:

I think it is a great device, I had it for a while and this is the reason why I so want the MX5 International Version! Can’t wait to get it.

The MX4 Pro has the better audio chip and a higher resolution, in this it is superior to the MX5, but the better audio quality you only get by attaching really good headphones or good speakers. The on board speaker of the phone isn’t able to use the sound chip proper.
The only downside of the MX4 Pro to the MX5 is that the MX4 Pro is older, and has a weird screen ration, some apps may not like it, it’s not a standard Android screen ration and apps wont like it.

if you want to check out the cheapest seller for the MX4Pro: kimovil

Before you order from a store ask us please or ask here to give you some information about the sellers and what they like to do, like what are their tricks.

Thanks again :grin:
If i would buy the MX4 PRO firmware Chinese (a, u or c) could then convert it to the firmware international ( i ) and so have the Google services and future updates?
At the end which are the differences between the two types of firmware?
Thank you thank you

Contributor

@Lorenzo98 said:

Thanks again :grin:
If i would buy the MX4 PRO firmware Chinese (a, u or c) could then convert it to the firmware international ( i ) and so have the Google services and future updates?
At the end which are the differences between the two types of firmware?
Thank you thank you

You do not have to convert it to have the google service. And if you convert it you will have no OTA updates, as far as I know.

Google Service you get on every Firmware!

The difference is the following:

• A … Universal FW
  • C … China Mobile FW
  • I … International FW
  • U … Unicom FW (it’s a state owned telecom. company in China.)

The differences are simple. A is stable and testing always up to date, but may lack some languages.
I is the International Version and supports more languages, but not that up to date.
U and C are optimized Versions for the Chinese Mobile Brands.

On an International Phone you can install whatever you want of those.

Admin

@Latstyle said:

@AOKP but its just MX4 Pro? or MX4 also?

Both.
The production ended in early June as the device were a total flop (failure rate beyond 25%).

Thanks for the explanation,
I did not think MX4 was discontinued and that above all it was a flop!
For example, on a site I see that there is the Meizu MX4 PRO 32 GB to 302 € Grey with firmware Flyme 4.1.1a
Do you think the price is right?
And given the fact that the firmware is I will be able to install the Google Play Store and I will not have compatibility issues with networks or updates?
Thank you :satisfied:

Well, 302€ for a 32GB version is very low compared to the prices on kimovil. You can install Google Play. We don’t know till when the firmware support will last. Network issues, depends on where you live. 2G and 3G will fully work in Europe and 4G depends on your network provider, but in most countries it does not have nationwide 4G coverage.

Contributor

Checkout this link to know if your phone will work with your network provider: willmyphonework

Thanks answers
I can put the link of the website where I found the meizu to 302 €?
so if you can make a visit and tell me how you felt it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I tried it on WillMyPhoneWork to check if it will work here in Italy and I found when I have to select the sub-model there are two possibilities:
M462 and M462U
selecting M462U works 2G / 3G / 4G
selecting M462 works 2G / 4G
You know why? :hushed:

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.