There won't be a Meixu MX5 PRO?
Contributor

I didn’t know where to put this, as there is no MX5 Pro Section.

But share this information, and ask your opinion about it. Meizu might change their logo and their customer field, or at least they will try to do the later.

According to this article: Meizu Will Change Logo
The company wont release the MX5 Pro and go for a different phone line instead or so.!

This grapic is funny though:
Meizu-2.jpg

last edited by Ultrametric
Admin

@Ultrametric said:

I didn’t know where to put this, as there is no MX5 Pro Section.

But share this information, and ask your opinion about it. Meizu might change their logo and their customer field, or at least they will try to do the later.

According to this article: Meizu Will Change Logo
The company wont release the MX5 Pro and go for a different phone line instead or so.!

This grapic is funny though:
Meizu-2.jpg

Looks like a freaking scam site, they advertise for meizusale.com, which is known to be fake.

Contributor

I am more concerned about the news on the page, I have read this before :D , but thank you very much for the information

Contributor

there will be a new phone but no info yet how it will be called.
right now its called Meizu NIUX
http://www.gizchina.com/2015/09/01/exynos-7420-powered-meizu-marauds-antutu-with-69k-points/

Contributor

@Latstyle said:

there will be a new phone but no info yet how it will be called.
right now its called Meizu NIUX
http://www.gizchina.com/2015/09/01/exynos-7420-powered-meizu-marauds-antutu-with-69k-points/

I hope the basic model is 32GB, or a 16GB with an SD-Card slot (what is very unlikely).

What I don’t get is, why people care about the SoC of Meizu devices, there is no way arrount the Flyme OS anyway. It’s pointless to argue, whether Samsung or MTK is the better choice, both are good enough outside of benchmarks and in day to day usage.

Contributor

true that. but Samsungs SoCs more advanced lately… and less power hungry/hot

Contributor

there is no arguing about this :) Samsungs SoCs are ahead and will be for at least a year or maybe two, who knows.

Though MTK is not to be overlooked, their development cycle of 6 months is very competitive, but has it’s downs as well, MTK does not support older chips. And older chips is everything half a year old.

While Qualcomm has many things to learn, either they do it fast, or they go down fast.

Moved to general chat.

A sidenote: Well Samsung has the best processor at this moment, but for years to come, we cannot say that. We dont know how the new Qualcomm core architecture will perform. If they can make a similar step as they did with the Krait cores, then they will be ahead of Samsung again, which uses arm core designs.

I agree that the Qualcomm 810 is a bumper, but it doesnt mean that they are out of competition immediately. They had to use arm architecture because their own was delayed. Building own architecture will have advantages in the end. And Samsung was already out of the race a few years ago when they even used a qualcomm in the Galaxy s3 to s5 and now they are even back.

And about Mediatek, they are building good and well priced processors. But a problem is that these are nowhere to be found in the US or Europe. Of course China is a large market, but Qualcomm, Samsung and Apple are competing at this market too. Of course Mediatek is sponsored by the Chinese Government, but they have still have to improve their market share. This can only by building toprange processors. They are on the right track, but they are still not there.

We will see, long story for writing on a tablet.

last edited by Kokkie
Contributor

Thanks for moving the topic.

It’s not only about the core design, the SoC’s reached a limit where power management, and smart cpu throttle algorithms to handle the temperature are a must!

I think only Apple is honest about their SoC’s speed, they are able to keep the Ghz up to 20Minutes straight.

When it comes to power management and thermal management, Qualcomm is far far behind, MTK at least. (I don’t know about Samsung)

I found it only in German, so I wont share it here, the short summary is. This is how MTK does it.
The MTK Helio X10 gives the user straight only 6 out of 8 cores to start with, because it doesn’t know the room temperature and to swap cores if they get too hot. This goes on for some minutes, if the temperature is save the MTK Helio X10 will give the user all 8 cores, the thing will actually get better in Antutu the more often you start it, but never worse.

While the Qualcomm way is… full full speed, first A57 core down, full speed 2nd A57. full speed 3rd A57 down and so on until all 4 A57 are dead and only the four A53@1.7Ghz are running, this happends long before 20 minutes are over.
It’s pretty obvious that how Qualcomm does/ did it is very stupid. That’s what I meant with they have a lot to learn.

In daily use it is hard to push either of these 2 SoC’s to it’s limits, so the SD810 wont go down too badly, but the heat and rapid battery train is noticeable.

Funny remark: I have read that in the X20 and X30 MTK will add two or four cores that just work in the benchmark mode, and are useless or mostly useless in daily use. At least MTK is willing to learn from Qualcomm :D

Admin

I do not care about these benchmarks.
Meizu ruined every device with their firmwares.

Contributor

Benchmarks matter little, most SoC’s with e.g. 45k or more in Antutu are fit enough to perform great and flawless in daily usage.

If they are optimized, of course :D

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.