New firmware

Hi all
I bought my MX5 from Gearbest.
First problem : impossible to create a Flyme account with my french number phone.
So I cannot root my device.
Secondly my version is Flyme OS 4.5.2.4C.
I don’t know what kind of firmware is it ?
Do I install an international firmware and how ?
Best regards.

Admin

@zorax said:

Hi all
I bought my MX5 from Gearbest.
First problem : impossible to create a Flyme account with my french number phone.
So I cannot root my device.
Secondly my version is Flyme OS 4.5.2.4C.
I don’t know what kind of firmware is it ?
Do I install an international firmware and how ?
Best regards.

First, get the A firmware and no, you won’t be able to use the international firmware as you run a China Mobile device.
Simply download the update.zip and open the Document app. Now just click on the update.zip, and select to Clear Data, now hit start to upgrade.

Under this URL you can register a Flyme Account by the way:
https://member.meizu.com/intl/register.jsp?lang=en

Thx for your reply.
If I understand, I have a chinese firmware.
Could you give the link of the best firmware I can get to use correctly my device ?
Many thx.

Look in the MX5 firmware section for the latest stable A version.

Many thx.
For the flyme account it’s OK now.
I’m going to look for a new firmware.

@AOKP hey my phone also came with the C firmware and on the box it says it’s the chinese model(M575M). but I recently flashed the I version and it’s working fine.

Hi
Could you exactly explain your process ?
You have put the update on your device or by the pc ?

There is a search function and the updating is described in many topics already. Just hit “how to update” and take a look on page 2 or 3 and you willl find your answers.

last edited by Kokkie

OK but I’m i trouble…
AOKP says it’s impossible and others persons say it’s possible…lol

Admin

@zorax said:

OK but I’m i trouble…
AOKP says it’s impossible and others persons say it’s possible…lol

Thats very strange, yet it ALWAYS has been impossible to do that without doing modifications. Maybe GearBest sells “converted” versions from a special Meizu shop I know… otherwise it is not a loss, except for the languages.

I’m with 4.5.2.7 A and it’s working fine.
The process to flash this firmware is alittle difficult for me but maybe I’ll install it later.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.