Meizu MX5 International Version, where to buy
Contributor

gearbest claims to have the International Version in Pre-Sell right now. I hardly doubt that they are an official partner of Meizu and allowed / able to sell the real International Version.

Does anybody know more about this? Could they sell a valid version or just crack the firmware and flash the international firmware on a Chinese device?

Hi

Very nice phone !!!
Fully featured,.with storage 16/32/64 GB, 3 GB RAM make it complete.

Check this to get full info : http://www.snapdeal.com/offers/meizu-mx5

Edit by AOKP:
GTFO. Affiliates are NOT welcome here.

last edited by Rey
Contributor

I got confirmed, or at least they claim to be an official partner nd sell the proper international version.

If nobody knows more, you may delete this topic. I got what I wanted to know :)

Admin

@Ultrametric said:

I got confirmed, or at least they claim to be an official partner nd sell the proper international version.

If nobody knows more, you may delete this topic. I got what I wanted to know :)

If you do not mind I would like to wait til you receive the device. Would be interesting to know if they really ship the international version!

Contributor

I am not sure if they are trust worthy :) will think about it to the end of the week

Contributor

Okay, so I ordered the MX5 32GB International Version for 330€, I hope this is the real international version, as they state on their page :fearful:

I asked meizumart.com about the launch of official international version last week.
They answered that:
"Sorry that we don’t have confirmed date about the release of MEIZU MX5 international version by now.
Please note that Gearbest is not our official agent and if you purchase products from them, you will not get valid warranty by our company.
We suggest that you wait patiently and visit our official website for further information.
Have a nice day.’

But I asked the meizumobiles.fr as well, where you can pre-order MX5 with delivery after 10th Sep 2015, and they said :“Hello and thank you for your interest in our brand Meizu.
The Meizu France are set to use a European.
Best regards​”

I presume, if they can dispatch an international version after 10th September, it will be available officially within 10 days.

@Ultrametric I’m afraid, you will get the Chinese version with international firmware on it. :( :( Just have a look, what I have found: link text. Check this question and answer: “By plati11 Sep-01/2015 07:09:57”

last edited by TTTotya
Contributor

@TTTotya said:

@Ultrametric I’m afraid, you will get the Chinese version with international firmware on it. :( :( Just have a look, what I have found: link text. Check this question and answer: “By plati11 Sep-01/2015 07:09:57”

Yeah I know and I googled the difference. If they sent me the wrong version I have cause to escalate it in paypal. I asked them loads of questions before getting it.

and the U Version is the Unicom or what ever it is called, so that doesn’t matter.

To be precise I asked this (and more):
*Question:
Is this the real Meizu MX5 International Version? Are you an official Meizu Partner, and allowed to sell the real International Versoin of this Phone?
Reply:
Hi christoph,
We are the official Meizu Partner. This phone is the International Version. Please feel free to ask if you have further questions. *

right now I am in Austria and from the 15th Oct I am going to be in Norway. I just hope that this is the real International Version and that they ship it as promised… The shipping time worries me more right now, if I get the phone and it isn’t the international version. I can just make a video document the unboxing and prove that the International firmware can’t be installed using the Recovery thing, this is it. Nothing to worry about :)
(And of course the box wont be in English, and wont have a EU plug!)

like I do know that shops like the Aukey Int LTD (efox-shop, coolicool … ) group is an official reseller of Meizu and they are allowed to ship the real International Version. So I do assume that it could be true, what gearbest claims as well.

last edited by Ultrametric
Contributor

even if it is the chinese version the price isn’t bad, it is only 65$ more than what it is sold in China. Should be no problem to resell the thing without making a big loss.

Edit: googled a bit more and found out that
M575M China Mobile Version
M575U China Unicom Version
and the only difference are different network connectivity.

Found some russian talking about a Version M575H. What is supposed to be the International? Is this right?

And thanks for you warning btw :D I opened a ticked in the support center and asked them once again, warned … bla bla … .and so on, let’s see what they say now.

Contributor

@anne1990 said:

You can buy from 1949deal.
Shop by this link:http://goo.gl/y321m0

thank you for this information, but please be so kind to read the header “International Version” If I just wanted a random chinese version, I would not make the afford to open this topic and start a discussion :rage:

Anyway… I did some more reasearch and figured that there were of the MX4 and MX4 Pro 3 to 2 different versions and the only real difference are the bands.

I could not find a label for any international Version, so on whatever Model the International Version it based, the only difference seems to be in the bootloader.
I will end my research in the conclusion, that there is no separate Int-Version Number / Model Code and Meizu only flashs an unlocked Firmware on the International devices!

Admin

@Ultrametric said:

@anne1990 said:

You can buy from 1949deal.
Shop by this link:http://goo.gl/y321m0

thank you for this information, but please be so kind to read the header “International Version” If I just wanted a random chinese version, I would not make the afford to open this topic and start a discussion :rage:

Anyway… I did some more reasearch and figured that there were of the MX4 and MX4 Pro 3 to 2 different versions and the only real difference are the bands.

I could not find a label for any international Version, so on whatever Model the International Version it based, the only difference seems to be in the bootloader.
I will end my research in the conclusion, that there is no separate Int-Version Number / Model Code and Meizu only flashs an unlocked Firmware on the International devices!

Yep it is true. The hardware is 1:1 the same, however Flyme engineers decided to disable these bands in China, even though some providers use them.
Anyway, Europe is on it’s way to update bands to the same as in China as the request for LTE grows and grows.

@Ultrametric I presume the M575H should be the international version or one of them, because in the reviews what I had seen with this version, there was an EU charger and headphones and the subtitles were in english on the box. Or probably the M575H is just the test version of the M575I (international) version. That can be an other explanation of this case.

I am wondering how long they hold over the official release of the international version. It’s isn’t a good marketing strategy because they might lose some potential buyers that way.

Contributor

yes and no the headphones are not a must, they can be added, this only depends of the seller!

And by now I hardly doubt that there is a Version M575I, but please prove me wrong and bring in some information.

Ok guys! I received the following email from Meizu today morning:
“Dear customer,
Thanks for supporting MEIZU.
Please note that meizumobiles.fr is our official agent in France and please be assured that the device they sale are international versions.
Have a nice day.”

They pre-sell the 32 Gb version for 399EUR.
The only problem is, I live in the UK and they apparently does not deliver to the UK. :(

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.