Enable all mobile data bands?

I am 99% sure this will NOT be possible to do with our meizus since our cpu’s kernels are not available and there is little to no interest in the modding community for this type of devices but I am very curious if we can enable all bands,no matter what carrier
http://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/thread-progress-please-leave-im-updating-t2871269 like this thread says
I ordered a phone that apparently is somewhat locked down to china’s frequencies and I can only use 2g. either that or my carrier is really messing up today and I’m getting very bad speeds,so I just want to know wether or not this is possible to do with mediatek cpus

Meizu MX5

@SeaMoose Have you tried installing firmware A?

Yes I am using the A version currently.

Meizu MX5

That’s strange because I think MX5 supports all these frequencies with firmware A:
Cattura.PNG

Hmm super weird then. I guess I’ll have to call my carrier again today. thanks for the help.
today i switched to I version,any idea what bands that firmware uses? the same as A?

APN settings right?

yeah set them from their website.

Contributor

@Antowitz said:

That’s strange because I think MX5 supports all these frequencies with firmware A:
Cattura.PNG

Some seller offer different information, like less 4G bands. Are you sure there aren’t several versions of the phone.

Meizu MX5

i also got chinese versiion of the phone with A firmware. its working fine. please share your network name as well as country name. BTW a locked phone won’t even work on 2g.

yeah it was on the carrier’s end,they said they messed up and throttled my data by mistake,limiting it to 2g.
i’m on telekom,romania

Meizu MX5

I think they are all equal on the hardware-side.
Firmware C locks some frequencies, so you always want to install A firmware.

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.