Install International Firmware on Chinese Device
Contributor

so now there is a way to do that… yeah you can install International firmware ( I ) on your Chinese ( A/U ) device
requirements:
+Root
+Busybox
+Driver ADB for PC because you need to run ADB commands

more detailed instructions on original web
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/meizu-install-rom-international-devices-t3174496/post62235138#post62235138

only a few feedback iv seen (not only on that page) and seems like all working fine.

but ofc remember… as flashing any firmware or rooting or any editing - you doing it on your own risk.

Meizu MX4 Pro

Is it better than A/U firmwares? How can we realize our device Chinese or European? I have upgraded it on 4.5.5A

Contributor

@Overpoweredbanan well…
International firmware:
have NO Chinese apps installed
have more Languages from now on (as Meizu stated reasons why they removed some Languages from 4.5.4 and so on)
develops (updates) slower than Chinese firmware
and have no Free Music app

i dont know maybe someone know any other differences…
you can check by type of the Box where your device came in (if its Book Style = Chinese) (if its box style - International) and on the box you have Letter A/U and so.

Meizu MX4 Pro

Chinese applications or to see some chines words don’t ruin it but I have a couple problems and it has never solved with upgrades (like applying themes, network problems; sms and call miss even when I have network connection my Internet is much slower than 2d. Also some small bugs like home button goes ahead until restart the device). Do u think will I lose this issues on international firmware?

Contributor

not sure… flashing a firmware is like a lottery for people here… some got it working like a charm from 1st flash… some people got loaded with problems… hard to tell… for myself i dont see any reason to change for International version… im using 4.5.3.1A right now.

Contributor

2 things i found out

• better go from lets say 4.5.4A to 4.5.4I (same firmware numbers works better)
  • you not gonna get OTA updates if you flash “I” firmware on “A” device

@Latstyle thanks for your prompt help, i read the instructions on the posted link but they looking hard for a DUMBO like me. I read that there are to write some line so i don’t want to risk to brick my MX4. Unfortunatly the new LOLLIPOP firmware for the A version it looks without European languages and so on , so i stay on 4.2.8.2 A to be sure to "understand " my phone.
I will wait to update the firmware till one nice guy will make a step by step instruction more easier to understand.

Contributor

well maybe in a few weeks ill do a guide if i decide to flash it… right now i see more and more people managed to do it without any problems… well yeah some of them did some mistakes but they fixed them… so far yes it can be hard for some people.

Meizu MX4 Pro

@Latstyle said:

well maybe in a few weeks ill do a guide if i decide to flash it… right now i see more and more people managed to do it without any problems… well yeah some of them did some mistakes but they fixed them… so far yes it can be hard for some people.

Agree, I’m italian and for the moment I have no need to do this. The phone is in english, well let’s learn and apply, I think that’s the spirit!

Contributor

i wonder… if impute languages are removed too… i mean do they removed those languages completely… and you cant use not only UI language but sms impute…

Meizu MX4 Pro

@Latstyle said:

i wonder… if impute languages are removed too… i mean do they removed those languages completely… and you cant use not only UI language but sms impute…

Sorry I didn’t understand your words… ;)

hi guy.
i have rom 4.2.8.2A, but install busy box unsuccessful.

from my Mx4 pro

Meizu MX4 Pro

I did everything as mentioned above but i got a bricked phone as result on MX4 Pro… Can anyone help?

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.