Wakelock - Android OS

Hey there,

after a few days with my m2 note I noticed, that battery life is not really impressive.
I used 2 SIMs (one data card for 4G, one for calls / messages). Then I tried to use my 3G SIM only… Still the same weak battery life.

I noticed that “Android OS” is keeping the phone awake 75% of the time. Can’t get into more details, as I haven’t rooted my phone.

Tried a factory reset - but still the same problem. I don’t use too much push services (only the regular stuff… WhatsApp, Facebook and Exchange for mails / contacts).
See more on the attached pictures - battery life could be worse, but I don’t think this is normal. Do you also have this? I’m on Flyme OS 4.5.1I

Thanks!

S50806-194331.jpg S50806-194349.jpg

What About Screen On Time !!

Oh sorry, forgot about that.

Screentime was 1h 46m 57s … That’s low compared to the awake time of 7h 4m 4s :wink:

S50806-194354.jpg

I just learned how easy it is to root a Flyme device…

I found out what keeps my phone awake all the time (with a wakelock detector):

EINT wakelock

This seems to be related to the WiFi and is well-known with MediaTek chipsets :-(

Meizu Pro 6

This is how I have reduced the problem with EINT wakelock:

https://meizufans.eu/forum/topic/2149/battery-drain-uknown-wakelock/2

I resetted my device twice yesterday night… And even kept my WiFi Settings as before - no wakelocks today so far.

Used 8h 40min
Display On 1h 32m
Phone was awake for 43 minutes
Still 64% battery

This is what I call kind of normal / good ;-)

Hope it will last quite a while… Although I don’t know why the problem stopped now… :+1:

And it started all over again in the evening, when I haven’t even used the phone… :-(
Would be interesting to see if other M2 Note also have this problem…

I’ve got this problem only once, I noticed the battery drain early in the morning and in the evening my battery was out (instead of the “usual” 75% left at that point).

After a few more days the problem is still there…

I turn off WiFi when I’m at work - and the problem is gone.
As soon as I come home and turn it on - Android OS is draining battery like a maniac.

Hope this will get fixed one day, as I usually never had to turn off WiFi on any device before :-1:

I think the problem is from your home wifi

No, can’t be from my home wifi!
It drains the battery, even when I’m not at home.

As soon as I turn on wifi (only the feature itself, without loggin into any wifi) “Android OS” starts draining nearly immediately and keeps the phone awake for 75% of the time.

My Meizu M2 Note has the same problem…
30% battery life after a day and only 2hrs Screen on Time.

have you tried to uptade to latest stable version?

Contributor

@laworlando I think, the sad news is … .that this is a problem for a quite a while by now :cry: and probably known to Meizu, they just don’t care.

Meizu MX5

Not just you I’m having similar issues

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.