Future Flyme OS supported Languages
Contributor

I just read this between the lines in a topic, because I would like to have an answer, and also think this is important to more people, here is this topic.

I have heard rumors that flyme OS will only support the Chinese language in the very near future. Is this true? If someone knows something, please name the reference too.

We don’t know whether or when these languages will be removed, but it is more a less a warning for people that might want to buy the Phone. We cannot guarantee that languages are around in future firmware updates and if you could not deal with that, it might be better to buy another Phone. Yep it is hard to say as a Meizufans Mod, but we have to be honest.

As moderators we concluded that the new Meizu strategy could be to remove all foreign languages from the A/C builts firmwares. This is to sell more international versions by Meizumart (Meizu itself) which could be made more profit, since there is a price gap between resellers and Meizumart.

In the latest firmware update there were already languages removed, like Italian and Turkish, so thats why we are complaining about it.

last edited by Kokkie
Contributor

Okay, that just means for the International Versions, that they are stuck the the super old stable Roms?
In case they stop the language support in the A/C/U Versions?

Is it possible to downgrade between the Versions easily. Also downgrade from Android 5.0 to 4.4 through FlymeOS?

last edited by Ultrametric
Meizu MX5

@Kokkie said:

We don’t know whether or when these languages will be removed, but it is more a less a warning for people that might want to buy the Phone. We cannot guarantee that languages are around in future firmware updates and if you could not deal with that, it might be better to buy another Phone. Yep it is hard to say as a Meizufans Mod, but we have to be honest.

As moderators we concluded that the new Meizu strategy could be to remove all foreign languages from the A/C builts firmwares. This is to sell more international versions by Meizumart (Meizu itself) which could be made more profit, since there is a price gap between resellers and Meizumart.

In the latest firmware update there were already languages removed, like Italian and Turkish, so thats why we are complaining about it.

I’m italian. My language is still present in Flyme 4.5.2.4.A.

I don’t think that english language will be removed from any firmware in the future. It’s not logical, there are people in China that speaks only english and it’s most common language in the world, it has no sense to remove it.

Contributor

that’s what I am hoping for :)

@Antowitz La lingua italiana é supportata anche da 4.5.3A, ma non da 4.5.4A.

Maurizio ti riferisci all Mx4?
io dovrei ricevere a giorni mx5 leggo che ultimo firmware è il 4.5.2.4

Meizu MX5

Probabilmente sì, sul MX5 l’ultimo firmware è il 4.5.2.4A, ad ogni modo, basta che ci sia la lingua inglese poi mi accontento.

Meizu MX5

@AOKP Yes, sorry, they just said that in Flyme 4.5.3A the italian language has been removed

Admin

Yep, know that.
However I want that everyone understands it. :D
Anyway, the problem is Meizu Italia, they complained at Meizu about their low sales as I heard.

And this is the reaction.

Meizu MX5

I’ve seen old flyme OS versions with many more languages than the current flyme OS international version. It was in some screens from a meizu mx5. I’m interested in catalan language.

Now I’ve bought a MX5 (chinese version) and after installing Flyme OS 4.5.2.5I, catalan language is not installed. Do you know if I have the possibility to install more languages? Do you know if it’s a mistake? I’ve read this thread and I’ve understood that the international version was compiled with all supported languages. But as I can see, not all android supported languages.

Contributor

English not gonna be removed. i always annoy Meizu Support about all questions i got in my mind and i asked that already.

123.png
and
321.png

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.