Where can you buy the phone

Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum. I’m from Belgium and I discovered the MX5 today.

I’m really interested and I see that some people already got the phone, and that there is an international and chinese version. But I thought we in Europe couldn"t get the phone? Can somebody explain me? I would REALLY like to have this phone!

Thanks in advance and greets from Belgium
Jopashe

It is only in pre-sale at most stores as far as I know. Take a look on kimovil for all shops. Before you buy I should recommend to do some more research on the phone. For all chinaphones goes the same rhytm, READ before you BUY.

For International and Chinese version I would recommend to use the search option, I already comment on it several times in other topics.

Oh I’m very sorry, it was out because of my excitement that I didn’t searh first, my apologies. I will research the phone as you say and I already found some shops but I will look around and not buy a phone until I’m sure… Thanks for the tips!

You don’t have to be sorry ;). I just want to make sure to buy something you really like and don’t buy something that might irritate you. (Bad firmware for example).

Meizu MX5

@Jopashe said:

Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum. I’m from Belgium and I discovered the MX5 today.

I’m really interested and I see that some people already got the phone, and that there is an international and chinese version. But I thought we in Europe couldn"t get the phone? Can somebody explain me? I would REALLY like to have this phone!

Thanks in advance and greets from Belgium
Jopashe

You can buy almost on all Chinese shops, but you need to check for appropriate standard (wireless standard), i mean you need to be sure that 2G/3G/4G will work in your country. Price is around $330 + extra costs (you must check with your customs for details). In Croatia we have +25% VAT.

Also, you can buy on some Chinese shop with EU warehouse. In that case the price is bigger but you don’t have extra costs (like customs costs). I check on Chigon (aliexpress) right now, with DHL delivery; $353.25 for Belgium.

Edit:
and of course, as @kokkie said you need to check reviews, ask some people, etc… before you buy.

last edited by Vrane

@Vrane said:

You can buy almost on all Chinese shops, but you need to check for appropriate standard (wireless standard), i mean you need to be sure that 2G/3G/4G will work in your country.

For the MX5 it doesn’t matter, there is only one model which supports FDD-LTE. For the M2 Note there are different versions.

For the 4G frequencies: the MX5 does not support the 800mHz band which is probably most used in Belgium. 800mHz is for large area coverage, the 1800mHz is only for busy areas. I guess the rollout is the same as in The Netherlands, be aware of it!

http://www.gsmhelpdesk.nl/helpdesk/132/4g-frequentiebanden-lte-frequentiebanden

I bought my phone from Aliexpress

(http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MEIZU-MX5-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-MT6795-Helio-X10-Turbo-2-2-GHz-Octa-Core-Camera/32382105661.html)

Had it delivered from China to Ireland in a week. Fantastic service and phone. Works on all Irish bands from 2g to 4g thankfully.

last edited by aaronm13

@aaronm13 said:

Had it delivered from China to Ireland in a week. Fantastic service and phone. Works on all Irish bands from 2g to 4g thankfully.

I can assure you that it is not working on all bands. What we mean by bands on the forum are the frequencies bands specifically on 3G or 4G. So 4G 800mHz for example is not supported by the MX5, but it is available in Ireland as I can see. So the MX5 does not support all bands, spot the difference!

Where do you live in Ireland?

@Kokkie said:

@aaronm13 said:

I can assure you that it is not working on all bands. What we mean by bands on the forum are the frequencies bands specifically on 3G or 4G. So 4G 800mHz for example is not supported by the MX5, but it is available in Ireland as I can see. So the MX5 does not support all bands, spot the difference!

Where do you live in Ireland?

Hi, I live in Dublin so haven’t checked the phone out in any rural areas but in Dublin it is perfect. My network provider has 4G bands on both 800mHz and 1800mHz which the MX5 supports thankfully.

Admin

Well, if you want warranty you have to buy from Meizu official partners or Meizu Mart itself, otherwise they will refuse any warranty.
Also keep in mind that non-international devices are losing language support, since the latest releases.

@AOKP So then they don’t support the other languages in the future only in the international Flyme. Have you got any idea where I can buy the international version of the phone with (minimum) 32 GB ROM? Thank you

@TTTotya said:

@AOKP So then they don’t support the other languages in the future only in the international Flyme. Have you got any idea where I can buy the international version of the phone with (minimum) 32 GB ROM? Thank you

Well, we don’t know exactly which langauges will be removed and it will become a Chinese language only phone or maybe Chinese and English. Well officially they sell it Meizumart, but you will have to wait a few months and you will pay an extra 100 euros for basically nothing. I don’t know other resellers that sell the international version.

Contributor

at gearbest it is for sale the 16GB Version for 295€ and the 32GB Version for 350€ with a promo code that google will tell you.

@AOKP / Where did you read that C/A versions will not have other languages in new releases of firmware?

Contributor

amazon should sell the international version, but you better double check before buying.
It looks like @AOKP knows something, what language will be removed?

All I need to be happy, is the english language, will this one be removed too?

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.