Xposed for Lollipop Alpha needs Custom recovery to install. However it can be manually installed on devices without CWM / TWRP.
Read the WHOLE thing once before you start.
[Disclaimer] I do NOT take any responsibility for anything unexpected happening to your device by following this procedure. Follow it EXACTLY as mentioned and get the CORRECT files. BACKUP before you proceed. [/Disclaimer]
- Flyme 4.5.4A (Should work with future lillipop builds aswell)
- Device should be rooted and SuperSU installed (Should work with other Su permission managers as well)
- adb drivers installed on your PC.
- USB debugging enabled on device from Settings -> Accessibility
Download the following packages:
- Installer Script and adb for Windows: XposedManualInstall.zip
- Latest Xposed files from XDA (Attached at the end for comfort): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811
- Xposed Framework: You need to get the ARM version. NOT the other two.
- Xposed App: XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk
Extract the XposedManualInstall folder from the zip.
Extract the ‘system’ directory from the ‘xposed-v68-sdk21-arm.zip’ into the ‘XposedManualInstall’ folder.
Copy the Xposed apk to your device to install later.
Start a ‘cmd’ terminal and change directory to XposedManualInstall.
Connect your device by USB with debugging enabled.
Run following commands (copy paste will do):
Should detect your device
adb push system /data/local/tmp/system
adb push installer /data/local/tmp
SuperSU will ask for Su permission on device - Accept it.
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/installer
It will run and exit back to shell. Restart the device.
After restart, install the apk you had copied earlier through Documents or any file manager.
In the Xposed app - > Framework it should show ‘Xposed framework version 68 active.’ in green
NOTES / WARNINGS:
- DO NOT get the wrong zip of Xposed files!! You WILL bootloop if you do. Meizu MX3 is an ‘arm’ device. DO NOT USE the arm64 or x86 files.
- Should work fine with other devices too till you get the correct Xposed zips.
- I’ve not packaged the Xposed files with the script so that it will be easy for everyone to get the latest package as and when new releases are made…
- rovo89 (XDA): For creating Xposed and all the framework files above.
- shakalaca (Zentalk forums): For the installer script and adb.
- GreyGhost : Myself for writing the guide :P