Recovery

Hi People

I found a working CWM recovery however it is all in chinese, can anyone please try to translate?

Download from
https://www.mediafire.com/?f55hxb2opvtgkbp

Go to the Play store and download the latest Flashify

From within Flashify backup your current recovery.

Extract the downloaded Zip file, find the recovery.img file and transfer to your phone, use flashify to install the recovery.img file, reboot into recovery.

What are you going to do with it?

Simple things to begin with, a Nandroid would be great.

I have tested reverting back to stock recovery all works fine, I might be able to get someone at work to help me translate, then deconstruct the APK and change to english ;)

Hum… Is this working for M461 chinese version of MX4 ? Is there any photos of your phone now? Maybe a video ?

@Naphtha said:

@frasertag said:

https://www.mediafire.com/?f55hxb2opvtgkbp

Don’t do it , brick the phone.

Ive done it and returned to stock recovery without bricking.
No I have not performed any functions because I can’t read Chinese…

I have a spare mainboard for MX4 that is working and what I am testing with, don’t like switching between boards many times will break ribbons eventually.

Meizu MX4

mmm are you sure? Why don’t post an photo ;)

It’s a bit hard to trust because the screen inside the archive is Cofface’s recovery for MX4, and when I asked him if the project was still alive he said “Not really” because he had problems with bootloader… So until someone else modify it to make it “bugless” and fully fonctional… But I asked this maybe two months ago, things may have evolved well I hope :)

last edited by furious.builder
Admin

This is totally unrelated to the topic open a new thread.

Re-edit:
@jordy
Open a new thread in the Q&A, this topic has nothing to do with it.

last edited by Rey

@furious.builder said:

It’s a bit hard to trust because the screen inside the archive is Cofface’s recovery for MX4, and when I asked him if the project was still alive he said “Not really” because he had problems with bootloader… So until someone else modify it to make it “bugless” and fully fonctional… But I asked this maybe two months ago, things may have evolved well I hope :)

Thanks mate, I have not done anything yet, I also do not mind bricking my main board testing, but that said I do not know how to read chinese and this is the biggest hurdle for me.

Can you post a video please ?

What for? Why do I need to post a video?
I have not got anything to prove to you… the process works, its listed above but it flashes a recovery that is in chinese and potentially as you stated is unstable to use.

@frasertag said:

What for? Why do I need to post a video?
I have not got anything to prove to you… the process works, its listed above but it flashes a recovery that is in chinese and potentially as you stated is unstable to use.

Wow. Just wow. What a dick thing to say and a really dickish way of saying it.

If you start running around a forum like this telling everyone you have managed to do the seemingly impossible then you absolutely have something to prove to us. You most definitely have something to prove because otherwise you’re full of it.

Now, if you don’t want to prove it then that’s your choice, your dickish choice. I personally think you’re full of shit, mush.

Like @purplemonkeyspank said, a looot of guys bricked their MX4 trying to flash a custom recovery, so it could be great to see if it’s the reality. #Peace :)

@furious.builder said:

Like @purplemonkeyspank said, a looot of guys bricked their MX4 trying to flash a custom recovery, so it could be great to see if it’s the reality. #Peace :)

+1

Looks like your connection to Meizufans was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.